NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform
- Pennsylvania Marijuana Activists Continue to Push the Issue
Hundreds of marijuana activists from across Pennsylvania recently met in Harrisburg to express their support for ending the prohibition of m
- Say NO To Taxpayer Funded Medical Marijuana Raids
Since 2014, the Department of Justice has been prohibited from using taxpayers’ funds to enforce federal anti-marijuana laws in states tha
- Weekly Legislative Update 4/22/17
Following are the bills from around the country that we’ve tracked this week and as always, check http://norml.org/act for legislation pen
- Study: Medical Marijuana Legalization Linked To Lower Medicaid Costs
Patients use fewer prescription drugs in states where access to medical cannabis is legally regulated, according to 420: Take Action to End Prohibition!
This 4/20, tell your elected officials it is time for the Congress to respect the will of the majority of American citizens and end federal
- Poll: Support For Legalizing Marijuana At Record High
More than six in ten Americans believe that the social use of marijuana should be legal for adults, according to nationwide ‘Faces of Marijuana Prohibition’ Event Held on Capitol Hill
NORML held a ‘Faces of Marijuana Prohibition’ event on Capitol Hill on April 19th, in cooperation with the Congressional Cannabis Caucus
- This 4/20, Demand To End Prohibition, Again.
It’s that time of the year again. Long recognized as the national marijuana holiday, April 20th presents us with an opportunity to make ou
- Time Runs Out on Compromise to Fix Maryland Medical Cannabis Program
After long and difficult negotiations and consultation with advocates, industry stakeholders, and the Attorney General, legislators agree
- West Virginia Becomes the 29th Medical Marijuana State
Today, West Virginia officially became the 29th state to pass medical marijuana legislation! Gov. Jim Justice signed the law today after
- MPP Responds to Reports of New Drug Czar Nominee Tom Marino
The Marijuana Policy Project has issued the statement below in response to reports that Congressman Tom Marino (R-PA) will be named the n
- Supporters of Rhode Island Legalization Urge Legislators to Act on Bill
On Tuesday, Regulate Rhode Island and allies made a strong case to the House Judiciary Committee to vote on H 5555, the legislation to re
- Medical Marijuana Bill Introduced in Iowa
The Iowa Senate Appropriations Committee introduced a bill to establish a comprehensive medical cannabis program in the state. The bill a
- N.H. Senate Committees Approve PTSD and Chronic Pain Bills
Slowly but surely, the New Hampshire Senate appears to be evolving in support of marijuana policy reforms. After hearing compelling testi
- Coalition for a Safer Illinois Launches to Support Ending Prohibition
MPP is proud to announce the launch of the Coalition for a Safer Illinois, a group of organizations and community leaders committed to re
- Patient Registry Open in Maryland
After lengthy delays, the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission is finally opening the patient registry in a phased rollout beginning on M
- North Dakota Medical Bill Improved and Passed in the House
North Dakota Sen. Rich Wardner’s medical marijuana bill, SB 2344, continues to work its way through the North Dakota Legislative Assemb
- WV Legislature Approves Medical Marijuana Bill
West Virginia is on the verge of becoming the next state with an effective medical marijuana law! The bill received final approval in th
Marijuana on Huffington Post
- Step Inside The Technicolor World Of The International Church Of Cannabis
- Not Everyone Is High On This Police Department's 4/20 Tweet
- Zac Thompson: What Is 4/20 Anyway?
- Support For Legalizing Marijuana Has Never Been So High
- This Video Perfectly Breaks Down The History Of Weed And Racism
- Watch A Woman Get High 100 Ways
- Jeff Sessions' Marijuana Policy Is Straight Out Of 'Reefer Madness'
- Discover Your Inner High Artist With 'Puff, Pass & Paint' Classes
- The Exhaustive List Of Everyone Who's Died Of A Marijuana Overdose
- Chris Weigant: California Considers Historic "Weed Sanctuary" Status
Published Media about Seattle HEMPFEST® Protestival
- Hempfest Needs Money Survive
KOMO 4 NEWS, 07/13/16
- Weed Tourism
- Roach Paper Art
- Seattle Summer Festivals
- 10 Crazy Things About Seattle Hempfest
SonicBids Blog, 05/06/16
- 25 Years of Seattle Hempfest – Interview with Vivian McPeak
Marijuana Times, 05/03/16
- DC Cannabis Protestors Defy Smoking Ban, Police Shrug
The Leaf Online, 04/04/16
- HEMPFEST® teams up with CaviarGold for 2016
Seattle PI, 12/08/15
- Seattle Hempfest Central Announces Grand Re-Opening In New Location
The Weed Blog, 11/11/15
- My First Seattle Hempfest as a News Anchor Turned Cannabis Activist
Mariujana Politics, 08/23/15
- NJ Weedman’s Passing the Joint: Pot-friendly Seattle provides peaceful respite
- 10 big differences between Seattle Hempfest, Denver 4/20 Rally
The Cannabist, 08/20/15
- Hemp drink sales at Seattle Hempfest marks an emerging trend
- Week in Weed: Where’s Wiz? Plus Hempfest and other dank Instas
The Cannabist, 08/17/15
- I Went to Hempfest and I Wasn’t Even High
Seattle Weekly, 08/17/15
- Five Things to Do at Seattle Hempfest
SF Gate, 08/16/15
- How to Behave at Hempfest
The Stranger, 08/13/15
- Social pot use: It’s a riddle for Seattle as well as in Denver
The Cannabist, 08/12/15
- Portland NORML Directors To Speak Six Times At Seattle Hempfest
The Weed Blog, 08/12/15
- Higher Ground: Hempfest Still Matters, Dude
Seattle Weekly, 08/11/15
- Pier 86 on Seattle waterfront closes to fishing for Hempfest
Seattle TImes, 08/11/15
- Island County’s jail dehydration death in spotlight at Seattle’s Hempfest
Whidbey Daily, 08/06/15
- Seattle’s Smoking Ban In Parks Will Not Interfere With Hempfest
- Seattle Hempfest Is Seeking Attendee Donations
The Weed Blog, 08/04/15
- Seattle HEMPFEST Exports Its Protestival To New Cities, States
The Weed Blog, 06/27/15
- Kohl-Welles to be honored at the 2015 Seattle Hempfest Festival
Ballard News Tribune, 06/26/15
- How to roll the perfect joint with Seattle Hempfest teacher
Seattle PI, 10/21/14
- Marijuander Lust: The Seattle Hempfest
Lady Bud, 08/26/14
- 10 Differences Between Seattle Hempfest, Denver 4/20 Rally
- Seattle Hempfest 2014 Pictures and Shenanigans
SF Gate, 08/18/14
- Seattle Hempfest 2014 – Dawn of A New Era Regarding Legalization of Pot
OpEd News, 08/16/14
- Hempfest, Seattle’s Mega-Pot Rally introducing Pot Gardens
Seattle PI, 08/12/14
- Seattle Hempfest 2014 Pictures and Shenanigans
San Francisco Gate, 08/18/14
- Seattle Hempfest vs. Denver 4/20 – Ten Major Differences
The Cannabist, 8/20/14
- Republican Congressman Dana Rohrabacher Declares War on Pot Prohibition
Seattle PI, 8/15/2014
- Seattle Hempfest 2014 Introduces 21+ Marijuana Lounges CNN iReport, Aug. 15, 2014
- Hempfest Ain’t No Seahawks Game:How a Quarter Million Stoners Kept the Peace SFGate, Sept. 13, 2013
- Cops Dealing Doritos at Post-Legalization Hempfest Jamestown Sun, Aug 15, 2013
- 5 Things I learned from Hempfest Leafly, Aug 19, 2013
- Doritis for Potheads? The Police They Are a Changin’
MSN News, Aug Sept 10, 2013
- Charles Krauthhammer Wants to Get Hiiiiiiigh Wonkette, Aug 22, 2013
- Meet the Cops Who Give Doritos to Stoners Salon, Aug 20, 2013
- Hempfest Doritos Selling for $55 on e-Bay, Stoner Souvenir? Los Angeles Times, Aug 16, 2013
- White House News Briefing (mentions Doritos) Aug 21, 2013
- Marijuana festival in Seattle FOX News, Bill O’Reilly, Aug 19, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest on Bill O’Reilly FOX News, Aug 19, 2013
- Does Hempfest Matter Anymore? The Stranger Magazine, Aug 22, 2013
- Hempfest, Giving Pot Peace a Chance New York Post, Aug 21, 2013
- Hey Dude, Want Some Doritos? Christian Science Monitor, Aug 18, 2013
- My Seattle Hempfest by Doug McVay Celeb Stoner, Aug 19, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest is Three Day Marijuana Rally Huffington Post, Aug 18, 2013
- Smoking Up at Seattle’s Hempfest
CBS News, Aug 18, 2013
- At Seattle’s Annual Hempfest Police to Give Out Doritos CBS News, Aug 15, 2013
- Mellow Mood at First Seattle Hempfest Since Legalization Reuters, Aug 17, 2013
- Seattle Cops to Hand Out Doritos at Hempfest ABC News, Aug 15, 2013
- Operation Orange Fingers: Seattle Police to Give Away Doritos Time Magazine, Aug 15, 2013
- The Brain Behind Seattle Police’s Social Media on Marijuana Forbes, Aug 17, 2013
- Don’t Inhale Too Deeply, as Seattle Hempfest Kicks Off in Seattle This Weekend Associated Press, Aug 16, 2013
- Clever Seattle Cops Bring Doritos to Hempfest Examiner.com, Aug 16, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest Narrows Focus to National Legalization King 5 News, August 16, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest Victory Celebration Newsday, Aug 16, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest Enters New Era KUOW, Aug 15, 2013
- Cops Take Care of Munchies by Giving Doritos UK Daily Mail, Aug 18, 2013
- 5 Things to do st Seattle Hempfest Business Insider, Aug 16, 2013
- Police Deal Doritos at Hempfest Business Insider, Aug 15, 2013
- High Expectations as Medi-Swipe receives 10,000 Unit Purchase Order at Hempfest Bloomberg, Aug, 2013
- Police Cure Munchies at Hempfest in Seattle FOX News, Aug 15, 2013
- I Saw the Future of Pot at Seattle Hempfest Vice, 2013
- Seattle Kicks Off Pot Festival USA Today, Aug 15, 2013
- What makes Hempfest So Special? Steve Hager, Aug 22, 2013
- Police Move From Undercover Busts To Serving The People At Seattle Hempfest
- Remembering Jack Herer.
High Times April 15, 2013
- Seattle’s budding economy: Pot tourism.
CNN April 8, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest opens store and office.
Seattle Pi November 20, 2012
- Seattle Hempfest 2012: Unity Under Fire.
Cannabis Culture, September 6 2012
- 13 Key Moments In Marijuana History (PHOTOS).
Huffington Post September 7, 2012
- Q & A With New Drug Czar.
Wall Street Journal, May 14,2009
- A Humble Gathering of Responsible Stoners.
Seattle City Insights Examiner, May 14, 2009
- Hempfest ’08: One of the America’s Biggest All-Volunteer Events.
Allen St. Pierre, NORML Executive Dir September 2, 2008
- World’s Largest Pot Rally Rolls in Town, Police Not Worried.
Seattle P.I. Blog , Aug 15, 2008
- Change Agent.
Real Change News, June 13, 2007
- Hempfest claims victory in SAM sculpture-park dispute.
Seattle PI.com Blog, May 29, 2007
- Statues of limitations.
SLOG, The Stranger, May 28, 2007
- SAM and Hempfest wrestle over who runs the waterfront.
Seattle Weekly, May 16, 2007
- Seattle Hempfest – 2006 lessons / 2007 challenges.
Seattle Public Safety – Governmental Relationships & Arts, April 3, 2007
- Hempfest Director Vivian McPeak in the “Unvarnished Truth” video.
Seattle Hempfest, August 11, 2006
- The Commentators John Carlson and Ken Schram interview Hempfest Director Vivian McPeak.
KOMO Radio, July 2006
- Hempfest fans rockin’ the joint.
Seattle Times, August 25, 2005
- Thousands of pot lovers defiantly light-up at US hemp festival.
Agence France Presse, August 25, 2005
- Hempfest goes out on high note.
Philip Dawdy, Seattle, August 25, 2005
- Annual Hempfest ‘protestival’ focuses on educating the masses.
Russ Zabel, Seattle, August 25, 2005
- Seattle could learn from a city up north.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, July 22, 2005
- In the Northwest: Of elder statesmen, food aficionados and hemp.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 27, 2004
- Festival celebrates hemp, also stirs political pot.
Seattle Times, August 22, 2004
- Pro-pot initiative gets political push at high-flying Hempfest.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 18, 2003
- Political Aroma Detected at Hempfest.
Seattle Times, August 18, 2003 (cannabisnews.com)
- Home Grown; Nine years ago a high-school dropout and daily pot smoker attended his first Hempfest.
The Stranger, Aug 14, 2003
- Mellow folks at Hempfest don’t seem like a threat to the fiber of our society.
Seattle Times, August 20, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
- Hempfest pushes fall ballot measure.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 19, 2002
- Hempfest crowd rallies for pot-policy reform.
Seattle Times, August 19, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
- Thousands attend Hempfest in Seattle.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 17, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
- Marijuana backers pack park in Seattle.
Seattle Times, August 18, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
Past Media Coverage of the Seattle HEMPFEST® Event
Interesting & Informative Articles From All Over The Place!
Huffington Post, Posted: 01/13/2014 8:17 am EST Updated: 01/25/2014 4:01 pm EST
- From Michigan to the White House: Marijuana Activist Plans to Roll Wheelchair 520 Miles for Legalization.TheJointBlog May 24, 2013
- Legislature passes industrial hemp bill in Ky.
Business Week News March 27, 2013
- Worth repeating: National Cancer Institute says pot fights cancer.
Smell The Truth March 18, 2013
- NYC cops made 440,000 low-level pot busts in last decade.
Seattle PI March 19, 2013
- Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®).
National Cancer Institute Janary 17, 2013
- Why marijuana should be legal for adults.
CNN January 8, 2013
- Is This the End of Marijuana Prohibition As We Know It?
Huffington Post December 21, 2012