Published Media about Seattle HEMPFST® Protestival
- Seattle Hempfest 2014 Introduces 21+ Marijuana Lounges CNN iReport, Aug. 15, 2014
- Hempfest Ain’t No Seahawks Game:How a Quarter Million Stoners Kept the Peace SFGate, Sept. 13, 2013
- Cops Dealing Doritos at Post-Legalization Hempfest Jamestown Sun, Aug 15, 2013
- 5 Things I learned from Hempfest Leafly, Aug 19, 2013
- Doritis for Potheads? The Police They Are a Changin’
MSN News, Aug Sept 10, 2013
- Charles Krauthhammer Wants to Get Hiiiiiiigh Wonkette, Aug 22, 2013
- Meet the Cops Who Give Doritos to Stoners Salon, Aug 20, 2013
- Hempfest Doritos Selling for $55 on e-Bay, Stoner Souvenir? Los Angeles Times, Aug 16, 2013
- White House News Briefing (mentions Doritos) Aug 21, 2013
- Marijuana festival in Seattle FOX News, Bill O’Reilly, Aug 19, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest on Bill O’Reilly FOX News, Aug 19, 2013
- Does Hempfest Matter Anymore? The Stranger Magazine, Aug 22, 2013
- Hempfest, Giving Pot Peace a Chance New York Post, Aug 21, 2013
- Hey Dude, Want Some Doritos? Christian Science Monitor, Aug 18, 2013
- My Seattle Hempfest by Doug McVay Celeb Stoner, Aug 19, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest is Three Day Marijuana Rally Huffington Post, Aug 18, 2013
- Smoking Up at Seattle’s Hempfest
CBS News, Aug 18, 2013
- At Seattle’s Annual Hempfest Police to Give Out Doritos CBS News, Aug 15, 2013
- Mellow Mood at First Seattle Hempfest Since Legalization Reuters, Aug 17, 2013
- Seattle Cops to Hand Out Doritos at Hempfest ABC News, Aug 15, 2013
- Operation Orange Fingers: Seattle Police to Give Away Doritos Time Magazine, Aug 15, 2013
- The Brain Behind Seattle Police’s Social Media on Marijuana Forbes, Aug 17, 2013
- Don’t Inhale Too Deeply, as Seattle Hempfest Kicks Off in Seattle This Weekend Associated Press, Aug 16, 2013
- Clever Seattle Cops Bring Doritos to Hempfest Examiner.com, Aug 16, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest Narrows Focus to National Legalization King 5 News, August 16, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest Victory Celebration Newsday, Aug 16, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest Enters New Era KUOW, Aug 15, 2013
- Cops Take Care of Munchies by Giving Doritos UK Daily Mail, Aug 18, 2013
- 5 Things to do st Seattle Hempfest Business Insider, Aug 16, 2013
- Police Deal Doritos at Hempfest Business Insider, Aug 15, 2013
- High Expectations as Medi-Swipe receives 10,000 Unit Purchase Order at Hempfest Bloomberg, Aug, 2013
- Police Cure Munchies at Hempfest in Seattle FOX News, Aug 15, 2013
- I Saw the Future of Pot at Seattle Hempfest Vice, 2013
- Seattle Kicks Off Pot Festival USA Today, Aug 15, 2013
- What makes Hempfest So Special? Steve Hager, Aug 22, 2013
- Police Move From Undercover Busts To Serving The People At Seattle Hempfest
- Remembering Jack Herer.
High Times April 15, 2013
- Seattle’s budding economy: Pot tourism.
CNN April 8, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest opens store and office.
Seattle Pi November 20, 2012
- Seattle Hempfest 2012: Unity Under Fire.
Cannabis Culture, September 6 2012
- 13 Key Moments In Marijuana History (PHOTOS).
Huffington Post September 7, 2012
- Q & A With New Drug Czar.
Wall Street Journal, May 14,2009
- A Humble Gathering of Responsible Stoners.
Seattle City Insights Examiner, May 14, 2009
- Hempfest ’08: One of the America’s Biggest All-Volunteer Events.
Allen St. Pierre, NORML Executive Dir September 2, 2008
- World’s Largest Pot Rally Rolls in Town, Police Not Worried.
Seattle P.I. Blog , Aug 15, 2008
- Change Agent.
Real Change News, June 13, 2007
- Hempfest claims victory in SAM sculpture-park dispute.
Seattle PI.com Blog, May 29, 2007
- Statues of limitations.
SLOG, The Stranger, May 28, 2007
- SAM and Hempfest wrestle over who runs the waterfront.
Seattle Weekly, May 16, 2007
- Seattle Hempfest – 2006 lessons / 2007 challenges.
Seattle Public Safety – Governmental Relationships & Arts, April 3, 2007
- Hempfest Director Vivian McPeak in the “Unvarnished Truth” video.
Seattle Hempfest, August 11, 2006
- The Commentators John Carlson and Ken Schram interview Hempfest Director Vivian McPeak.
KOMO Radio, July 2006
- Hempfest fans rockin’ the joint.
Seattle Times, August 25, 2005
- Thousands of pot lovers defiantly light-up at US hemp festival.
Agence France Presse, August 25, 2005
- Hempfest goes out on high note.
Philip Dawdy, Seattle, August 25, 2005
- Annual Hempfest ‘protestival’ focuses on educating the masses.
Russ Zabel, Seattle, August 25, 2005
- Seattle could learn from a city up north.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, July 22, 2005
- In the Northwest: Of elder statesmen, food aficionados and hemp.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 27, 2004
- Festival celebrates hemp, also stirs political pot.
Seattle Times, August 22, 2004
- Pro-pot initiative gets political push at high-flying Hempfest.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 18, 2003
- Political Aroma Detected at Hempfest.
Seattle Times, August 18, 2003 (cannabisnews.com)
- Home Grown; Nine years ago a high-school dropout and daily pot smoker attended his first Hempfest.
The Stranger, Aug 14, 2003
- Mellow folks at Hempfest don’t seem like a threat to the fiber of our society.
Seattle Times, August 20, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
- Hempfest pushes fall ballot measure.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 19, 2002
- Hempfest crowd rallies for pot-policy reform.
Seattle Times, August 19, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
- Thousands attend Hempfest in Seattle.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 17, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
- Marijuana backers pack park in Seattle.
Seattle Times, August 18, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
Seattle Area Cannabis News
- A new take on ‘grass-fed’ meat: Pig farmer markets pork raised on marijuana
NBCNews.com, June 18, 2013
- Legal pot draws tourists to Colo., Wash., for 4/20.
Associated Press , April 15, 2013
- Wash., Colo. bars test limits of legal pot laws.
Seattle PI, March 27, 2013
- EXCLUSIVE: Inslee’s marijuana memo to feds pitches control, prosecution of violators.
Seattle Pi, March 22, 2013
- State chief consultant Mark Kleiman knows in, outs of pot legalization.
Seattle Times, March 21, 2013
Interesting & Informative Articles From All Over The Place!
Huffington Post, Posted: Updated:
- From Michigan to the White House: Marijuana Activist Plans to Roll Wheelchair 520 Miles for Legalization.TheJointBlog May 24, 2013
- Legislature passes industrial hemp bill in Ky.
Business Week News March 27, 2013
- Worth repeating: National Cancer Institute says pot fights cancer.
Smell The Truth March 18, 2013
- NYC cops made 440,000 low-level pot busts in last decade.
Seattle PI March 19, 2013
- Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®).
National Cancer Institute Janary 17, 2013
- Why marijuana should be legal for adults.
CNN January 8, 2013
- Is This the End of Marijuana Prohibition As We Know It?
Huffington Post December 21, 2012
CNN IReport By Bonnie Fong
The Seattle HEMPFST® protestival is the largest cannabis event in the world and the largest event in the city of Seattle. In its 21 year, the HEMPFST® experience is bigger and better than ever before. The HEMPFST® footprint encompasses 3 parks along the Seattle waterfront and is in its second year as a 3 day event.
This year, Seattle HEMPFST® has gone through monumental changes. HEMPFST® now has a storefront in Seattle which serves as a hub for production of the event and will also be a retail store for hemp products. HEMPFST®central has become a necessary component to successfully produce this years event. Hempfest also has launched its new user friendly website in time for the event. And a new bridge in myrtle Edwards park creates a new change for the festival.
Seattle HEMPFST® has again succeeded in attracting a plethora of big name speakers such as travel writer rick steves, Judge Jim gray, harborside’s Steve Dangelo, city attorney Pete Holmes, representative Roger Goodman senator Jeanne kohl wehles.
HEMPFST® has become ever more relevant in this election year as Washington, Colorado, and Oregon all have legalization initiatives on the ballot.
Seattle HEMPFST® is fueled every year by over 1000 volunteers. These volunteers contribute to teams such as security, peace keeping, stage construction, fence coordination, staff kitchen, traffic, and countless others. Volunteers from all over the northwest return every year to work all day and night in the heat to produce Seattle HEMPFST®.
As HEMPFST® continues to grow every year, more volunteers, donations and work are needed to keep the event running smoothly. Organizer work year round to ensure this cannabis event free, fun and safe.
NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform
- NORML’s Legislative Round Up February 5th, 2016
This week we have an array of legislative updates ranging from more bills being introduced, other bills stalling, and everything in between.
- NORML Chapters Continue to Lead Reform Efforts on the Local, State and Federal Level
For almost 45 years, NORML chapters have been the driving force behind policy decisions regarding marijuana on the local, state level and fe
- Save The Date: 2016 NORML Congressional Lobby Day in Washington D.C.
NORML's 2016 Congressional Lobby Day at the United States Capitol is scheduled for May 23rd and 24th. Hundreds of marijuana consumers, activ
- NORML’s Legislative Round Up January 29th, 2016
Exciting news from across the country with NEW legislation being introduced and promising legislation moving forward! This week we highlight
- Celebrating the Life of a Legend; May He Rest in Peace
Michael Kennedy was an extraordinary individual who could not ignore injustice when he saw it.
- Florida: Medical Marijuana Measure Qualifies For 2016 Ballot
Floridians will Poll: Over 60 Percent Of New Mexicans Support Regulating Marijuana Sales
Sixty-one percent of respondents said that they supported legislation to regulate and tax retail sales of marijuana to adults age 21 and ove
- Life As a Marijuana Activist
Marijuana activists continue to be the driving force behind America's legalization movement. Day in and day out, they risk everything with t
- Study: CBD Oil “Highly Promising” In Pediatric Epilepsy Treatment
The administration of cannabis oil extracts high in cannabidiol reduces seizure frequency in children with intractable epilepsy, according t
- Study: Vaporizers Deliver Safe, Reliable Doses Of Cannabinoids
Electronically driven vaporizers deliver cannabinoids in a relatively safe and reliable manner, according to
- Georgia Representative Working to Fix Medical Marijuana Program
The Georgia government enacted an ineffective law last year that was intended to provide relief to patients with epilepsy, but which didn
- Maine Campaign Submits More Than Twice Signatures Necessary to Qualify for Ballot
After months of hard work, the Campaign to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol in Maine have submitted over 100,000 signatures to the Main
- Arizona Campaign Uses Billboard to Educate Golf Fans
This weekend, the Waste Management Phoenix Open, one of the largest golf events of the year, will take place in Scottsdale. This tourname
- Legal Colorado Marijuana Market Hurting Drug Cartels
According to a story published today by Fox News Latino, the legal marijuana market in Colorado is partially responsible for decreased M
- California Medical Association Officially Endorses Marijuana Initiative
On Monday, the California Medical Association announced that it was officially supporting the Adult Use of Marijuana Act (AUMA), which wo
- Illinois Governor Rejects Adding Conditions to Medical Cannabis Program
Despite a recommendation from the Medical Cannabis Advisory Board, Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner decided not to add eight medical conditions
- D.C. Voters Want Mayor to Work Around Congressional Ban on Regulating Marijuana Like Alcohol
A survey release this week by Public Policy Polling showed that 66% of voters in the District of Columbia support Mayor Muriel Bowser pur
- Vermont Senate Committee Approves Marijuana Regulation Bill
The Vermont Senate Committee on Judiciary approved a bill (4-1) on Friday that would end marijuana prohibition in the state and regulate
- Marijuana Policy Bills Progressing in Kansas
Two bills that would improve Kansas’ marijuana policies have passed the House and are moving in the Senate. The first bill, now called
- Vermont Coalition to Regulate Marijuana Launches TV Ad Campaign
The Vermont Coalition to Regulate Marijuana released a new television ad this week, produced by the Marijuana Policy Project, fe
- Georgia Representative Working to Fix Medical Marijuana Program
Marijuana on Huffington Post
- Woody Harrelson Applies To Open A Marijuana Dispensary
- Catherine Hiller: 3 Reasons to Come Out to Your Doctor About Marijuana
- Inverse: These 6 States Are Still Royally Screwing Up Medical Pot Laws
- Dr. Howard Samuels: The Fourth Wave
- Reboot Illinois: Top 5 Biggest Problems With Illinois' Medical Marijuana Program
- Industrial Hemp Comes To Capitol Hill, Dude
- The Scary Way Long-Term Marijuana Use May Impact Memory
- James Orndorf: Snowdown: A Drunken Mid-winter Festival in Durango, Colorado
- The Conversation Africa: How a Centuries-old Poem Hints at Shakespeare's Herbal 'Muse'
- Steph Sherer: New Report Evaluates Medical Marijuana Programs Nation-wide