NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform
- Marijuana Regulators Target Home Cultivation
Local and state lawmakers are considering unduly restrictive rules and regulations for marijuana home grows.
- Legislators Seek To Delay The Enactment Of Voter-Initiated Marijuana Laws
Legislators in a number of states are pushing forward measures to delay the enactment of several vo
- Action Works When Action Is Taken
To speed up the process one only has to get involved. It is easy to sit back and watch while progress occurs, but it is rewarding to be a pa
- Humboldt County Cup Forced to Move by Police
California voters approved the legalization of marijuana this past November, but for some cities, embracing the new law is going to take som
- Weekly Legislative Roundup, 1/13/2017
With a majority of states now full swing into their legislative sessions, over 400 bills nationwide have been submitted that in someway, sha
- NORML Responds To National Academy of Sciences’ Marijuana Report
The National Academy of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine released a comprehensive report today acknowledging that “conclusive or substa
- JUST IN: Sessions Evades Firm Answer on State Marijuana Laws, Leaves Door Open for Federal Enforcement
So, after finally being put on the spot and questioned on the issue, we are no closer to clarity than we were yesterday. Time to keep contac
- #TakeAction – Call the Judiciary Committee Today to Protect Marijuana Progress
On January 10th and 11th, the Senate Judiciary Committee will hold hearings on the nomination of Jeff Sessions to become the next Attorney G
- Proposed Florida Medical Marijuana Rules Spell Disaster for Patients
Tuesday morning, the Florida Health Department released draft rules that are supposed to implement the medical marijuana law approved by
- North Dakota Senate Unanimously Votes to Delay Medical Marijuana Law
The North Dakota Senate unanimously passed S.B. 2154 on Tuesday, which blocks the implementation of Measure 5 until either July or until
- National Academies of Sciences Confirms Marijuana’s Benefits, Dispels Myths
The National Academies of Sciences released a report on the health impacts of marijuana Thursday, confirming the existence of medical ben
- Survey Shows Majority of Police Support Marijuana Policy Reform
In a survey released this week, Pew Research Center showed that 69% of police officers polled support allowing marijuana for medical or
- South Carolina Medical Marijuana Bill Introduced
Today, South Carolina Sen. Tom Davis and Rep. Peter McCoy introduced comprehensive medical cannabis legislation — the South Carolina Me
- Medical and Legalization Bills Pre-Filed in Kentucky
The Kentucky Legislature reconvened last week for the 2017-18 session, and Sen. Perry Clark has already prefiled two bills that would r
- Legalization on the Legislative Agenda for Connecticut
The Connecticut Legislature, which convened on January 4, is expected to consider legislation that would end marijuana prohibition for ad
- Texas Legislative Sessions Begins With Efforts to Fix Medical Marijuana Law and Decriminalize Possession
The Texas Legislature convened for the 2017 session today. Rep. Joe Moody reintroduced legislation that would replace Texas’ harsh crim
- State Legislatures Back in Session and Tackling Marijuana Policy
Around the country, state lawmakers are gearing up for the new legislative sessions, and some are already making marijuana policy reform
- Missouri Decriminalization Law Finally Takes Effect
Back in 2014, Missouri lawmakers enacted SB 491 — a bill to reduce penalties for possessing up to 10 grams of marijuana. That law final
Marijuana on Huffington Post
- North Americans Spent $53.3 Billion On Marijuana Last Year, Most Of It Illegally
- The Fresh Toast: Sessions Is Done Talking: How Will He Act On Legal Marijuana?
- Sirita Wright: Former California Mayor Clears the Way for Cannabis Companies
- The Fresh Toast: Sessions Needs To Think Like An Accountant, Not An Attorney
- Marijuana Eases Pain, But Jury's Out On Other Health Benefits, Scientists Say
- Amanda Reiman: Science Once Again Claims Marijuana Is Medicine In Landmark National Academy Of Sciences Report
- The Fresh Toast: 6 Reasons Why Marijuana Wins No Matter Who Becomes Attorney General
- Two-Thirds Of Cops Support Some Form Of Marijuana Legalization
- Rep. Jared Polis: As A Congressman, Here Are 5 Questions I'd Ask Senator Jeff Sessions
- Jeff Sessions Offers No Straight Answers On How He'll Handle Legal Marijuana
Published Media about Seattle HEMPFEST® Protestival
- Hempfest Needs Money Survive
KOMO 4 NEWS, 07/13/16
- Weed Tourism
- Roach Paper Art
- Seattle Summer Festivals
- 10 Crazy Things About Seattle Hempfest
SonicBids Blog, 05/06/16
- 25 Years of Seattle Hempfest – Interview with Vivian McPeak
Marijuana Times, 05/03/16
- DC Cannabis Protestors Defy Smoking Ban, Police Shrug
The Leaf Online, 04/04/16
- HEMPFEST® teams up with CaviarGold for 2016
Seattle PI, 12/08/15
- Seattle Hempfest Central Announces Grand Re-Opening In New Location
The Weed Blog, 11/11/15
- My First Seattle Hempfest as a News Anchor Turned Cannabis Activist
Mariujana Politics, 08/23/15
- NJ Weedman’s Passing the Joint: Pot-friendly Seattle provides peaceful respite
- 10 big differences between Seattle Hempfest, Denver 4/20 Rally
The Cannabist, 08/20/15
- Hemp drink sales at Seattle Hempfest marks an emerging trend
- Week in Weed: Where’s Wiz? Plus Hempfest and other dank Instas
The Cannabist, 08/17/15
- I Went to Hempfest and I Wasn’t Even High
Seattle Weekly, 08/17/15
- Five Things to Do at Seattle Hempfest
SF Gate, 08/16/15
- How to Behave at Hempfest
The Stranger, 08/13/15
- Social pot use: It’s a riddle for Seattle as well as in Denver
The Cannabist, 08/12/15
- Portland NORML Directors To Speak Six Times At Seattle Hempfest
The Weed Blog, 08/12/15
- Higher Ground: Hempfest Still Matters, Dude
Seattle Weekly, 08/11/15
- Pier 86 on Seattle waterfront closes to fishing for Hempfest
Seattle TImes, 08/11/15
- Island County’s jail dehydration death in spotlight at Seattle’s Hempfest
Whidbey Daily, 08/06/15
- Seattle’s Smoking Ban In Parks Will Not Interfere With Hempfest
- Seattle Hempfest Is Seeking Attendee Donations
The Weed Blog, 08/04/15
- Seattle HEMPFEST Exports Its Protestival To New Cities, States
The Weed Blog, 06/27/15
- Kohl-Welles to be honored at the 2015 Seattle Hempfest Festival
Ballard News Tribune, 06/26/15
- How to roll the perfect joint with Seattle Hempfest teacher
Seattle PI, 10/21/14
- Marijuander Lust: The Seattle Hempfest
Lady Bud, 08/26/14
- 10 Differences Between Seattle Hempfest, Denver 4/20 Rally
- Seattle Hempfest 2014 Pictures and Shenanigans
SF Gate, 08/18/14
- Seattle Hempfest 2014 – Dawn of A New Era Regarding Legalization of Pot
OpEd News, 08/16/14
- Hempfest, Seattle’s Mega-Pot Rally introducing Pot Gardens
Seattle PI, 08/12/14
- Seattle Hempfest 2014 Pictures and Shenanigans
San Francisco Gate, 08/18/14
- Seattle Hempfest vs. Denver 4/20 – Ten Major Differences
The Cannabist, 8/20/14
- Republican Congressman Dana Rohrabacher Declares War on Pot Prohibition
Seattle PI, 8/15/2014
- Seattle Hempfest 2014 Introduces 21+ Marijuana Lounges CNN iReport, Aug. 15, 2014
- Hempfest Ain’t No Seahawks Game:How a Quarter Million Stoners Kept the Peace SFGate, Sept. 13, 2013
- Cops Dealing Doritos at Post-Legalization Hempfest Jamestown Sun, Aug 15, 2013
- 5 Things I learned from Hempfest Leafly, Aug 19, 2013
- Doritis for Potheads? The Police They Are a Changin’
MSN News, Aug Sept 10, 2013
- Charles Krauthhammer Wants to Get Hiiiiiiigh Wonkette, Aug 22, 2013
- Meet the Cops Who Give Doritos to Stoners Salon, Aug 20, 2013
- Hempfest Doritos Selling for $55 on e-Bay, Stoner Souvenir? Los Angeles Times, Aug 16, 2013
- White House News Briefing (mentions Doritos) Aug 21, 2013
- Marijuana festival in Seattle FOX News, Bill O’Reilly, Aug 19, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest on Bill O’Reilly FOX News, Aug 19, 2013
- Does Hempfest Matter Anymore? The Stranger Magazine, Aug 22, 2013
- Hempfest, Giving Pot Peace a Chance New York Post, Aug 21, 2013
- Hey Dude, Want Some Doritos? Christian Science Monitor, Aug 18, 2013
- My Seattle Hempfest by Doug McVay Celeb Stoner, Aug 19, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest is Three Day Marijuana Rally Huffington Post, Aug 18, 2013
- Smoking Up at Seattle’s Hempfest
CBS News, Aug 18, 2013
- At Seattle’s Annual Hempfest Police to Give Out Doritos CBS News, Aug 15, 2013
- Mellow Mood at First Seattle Hempfest Since Legalization Reuters, Aug 17, 2013
- Seattle Cops to Hand Out Doritos at Hempfest ABC News, Aug 15, 2013
- Operation Orange Fingers: Seattle Police to Give Away Doritos Time Magazine, Aug 15, 2013
- The Brain Behind Seattle Police’s Social Media on Marijuana Forbes, Aug 17, 2013
- Don’t Inhale Too Deeply, as Seattle Hempfest Kicks Off in Seattle This Weekend Associated Press, Aug 16, 2013
- Clever Seattle Cops Bring Doritos to Hempfest Examiner.com, Aug 16, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest Narrows Focus to National Legalization King 5 News, August 16, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest Victory Celebration Newsday, Aug 16, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest Enters New Era KUOW, Aug 15, 2013
- Cops Take Care of Munchies by Giving Doritos UK Daily Mail, Aug 18, 2013
- 5 Things to do st Seattle Hempfest Business Insider, Aug 16, 2013
- Police Deal Doritos at Hempfest Business Insider, Aug 15, 2013
- High Expectations as Medi-Swipe receives 10,000 Unit Purchase Order at Hempfest Bloomberg, Aug, 2013
- Police Cure Munchies at Hempfest in Seattle FOX News, Aug 15, 2013
- I Saw the Future of Pot at Seattle Hempfest Vice, 2013
- Seattle Kicks Off Pot Festival USA Today, Aug 15, 2013
- What makes Hempfest So Special? Steve Hager, Aug 22, 2013
- Police Move From Undercover Busts To Serving The People At Seattle Hempfest
- Remembering Jack Herer.
High Times April 15, 2013
- Seattle’s budding economy: Pot tourism.
CNN April 8, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest opens store and office.
Seattle Pi November 20, 2012
- Seattle Hempfest 2012: Unity Under Fire.
Cannabis Culture, September 6 2012
- 13 Key Moments In Marijuana History (PHOTOS).
Huffington Post September 7, 2012
- Q & A With New Drug Czar.
Wall Street Journal, May 14,2009
- A Humble Gathering of Responsible Stoners.
Seattle City Insights Examiner, May 14, 2009
- Hempfest ’08: One of the America’s Biggest All-Volunteer Events.
Allen St. Pierre, NORML Executive Dir September 2, 2008
- World’s Largest Pot Rally Rolls in Town, Police Not Worried.
Seattle P.I. Blog , Aug 15, 2008
- Change Agent.
Real Change News, June 13, 2007
- Hempfest claims victory in SAM sculpture-park dispute.
Seattle PI.com Blog, May 29, 2007
- Statues of limitations.
SLOG, The Stranger, May 28, 2007
- SAM and Hempfest wrestle over who runs the waterfront.
Seattle Weekly, May 16, 2007
- Seattle Hempfest – 2006 lessons / 2007 challenges.
Seattle Public Safety – Governmental Relationships & Arts, April 3, 2007
- Hempfest Director Vivian McPeak in the “Unvarnished Truth” video.
Seattle Hempfest, August 11, 2006
- The Commentators John Carlson and Ken Schram interview Hempfest Director Vivian McPeak.
KOMO Radio, July 2006
- Hempfest fans rockin’ the joint.
Seattle Times, August 25, 2005
- Thousands of pot lovers defiantly light-up at US hemp festival.
Agence France Presse, August 25, 2005
- Hempfest goes out on high note.
Philip Dawdy, Seattle, August 25, 2005
- Annual Hempfest ‘protestival’ focuses on educating the masses.
Russ Zabel, Seattle, August 25, 2005
- Seattle could learn from a city up north.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, July 22, 2005
- In the Northwest: Of elder statesmen, food aficionados and hemp.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 27, 2004
- Festival celebrates hemp, also stirs political pot.
Seattle Times, August 22, 2004
- Pro-pot initiative gets political push at high-flying Hempfest.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 18, 2003
- Political Aroma Detected at Hempfest.
Seattle Times, August 18, 2003 (cannabisnews.com)
- Home Grown; Nine years ago a high-school dropout and daily pot smoker attended his first Hempfest.
The Stranger, Aug 14, 2003
- Mellow folks at Hempfest don’t seem like a threat to the fiber of our society.
Seattle Times, August 20, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
- Hempfest pushes fall ballot measure.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 19, 2002
- Hempfest crowd rallies for pot-policy reform.
Seattle Times, August 19, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
- Thousands attend Hempfest in Seattle.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 17, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
- Marijuana backers pack park in Seattle.
Seattle Times, August 18, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
Past Media Coverage of the Seattle HEMPFEST® Event
Interesting & Informative Articles From All Over The Place!
Huffington Post, Posted: 01/13/2014 8:17 am EST Updated: 01/25/2014 4:01 pm EST
- From Michigan to the White House: Marijuana Activist Plans to Roll Wheelchair 520 Miles for Legalization.TheJointBlog May 24, 2013
- Legislature passes industrial hemp bill in Ky.
Business Week News March 27, 2013
- Worth repeating: National Cancer Institute says pot fights cancer.
Smell The Truth March 18, 2013
- NYC cops made 440,000 low-level pot busts in last decade.
Seattle PI March 19, 2013
- Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®).
National Cancer Institute Janary 17, 2013
- Why marijuana should be legal for adults.
CNN January 8, 2013
- Is This the End of Marijuana Prohibition As We Know It?
Huffington Post December 21, 2012