Published Media about Seattle HEMPFST® Protestival
- Seattle Hempfest 2014 Introduces 21+ Marijuana Lounges CNN iReport, Aug. 15, 2014
- Hempfest Ain’t No Seahawks Game:How a Quarter Million Stoners Kept the Peace SFGate, Sept. 13, 2013
- Cops Dealing Doritos at Post-Legalization Hempfest Jamestown Sun, Aug 15, 2013
- 5 Things I learned from Hempfest Leafly, Aug 19, 2013
- Doritis for Potheads? The Police They Are a Changin’
MSN News, Aug Sept 10, 2013
- Charles Krauthhammer Wants to Get Hiiiiiiigh Wonkette, Aug 22, 2013
- Meet the Cops Who Give Doritos to Stoners Salon, Aug 20, 2013
- Hempfest Doritos Selling for $55 on e-Bay, Stoner Souvenir? Los Angeles Times, Aug 16, 2013
- White House News Briefing (mentions Doritos) Aug 21, 2013
- Marijuana festival in Seattle FOX News, Bill O’Reilly, Aug 19, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest on Bill O’Reilly FOX News, Aug 19, 2013
- Does Hempfest Matter Anymore? The Stranger Magazine, Aug 22, 2013
- Hempfest, Giving Pot Peace a Chance New York Post, Aug 21, 2013
- Hey Dude, Want Some Doritos? Christian Science Monitor, Aug 18, 2013
- My Seattle Hempfest by Doug McVay Celeb Stoner, Aug 19, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest is Three Day Marijuana Rally Huffington Post, Aug 18, 2013
- Smoking Up at Seattle’s Hempfest
CBS News, Aug 18, 2013
- At Seattle’s Annual Hempfest Police to Give Out Doritos CBS News, Aug 15, 2013
- Mellow Mood at First Seattle Hempfest Since Legalization Reuters, Aug 17, 2013
- Seattle Cops to Hand Out Doritos at Hempfest ABC News, Aug 15, 2013
- Operation Orange Fingers: Seattle Police to Give Away Doritos Time Magazine, Aug 15, 2013
- The Brain Behind Seattle Police’s Social Media on Marijuana Forbes, Aug 17, 2013
- Don’t Inhale Too Deeply, as Seattle Hempfest Kicks Off in Seattle This Weekend Associated Press, Aug 16, 2013
- Clever Seattle Cops Bring Doritos to Hempfest Examiner.com, Aug 16, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest Narrows Focus to National Legalization King 5 News, August 16, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest Victory Celebration Newsday, Aug 16, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest Enters New Era KUOW, Aug 15, 2013
- Cops Take Care of Munchies by Giving Doritos UK Daily Mail, Aug 18, 2013
- 5 Things to do st Seattle Hempfest Business Insider, Aug 16, 2013
- Police Deal Doritos at Hempfest Business Insider, Aug 15, 2013
- High Expectations as Medi-Swipe receives 10,000 Unit Purchase Order at Hempfest Bloomberg, Aug, 2013
- Police Cure Munchies at Hempfest in Seattle FOX News, Aug 15, 2013
- I Saw the Future of Pot at Seattle Hempfest Vice, 2013
- Seattle Kicks Off Pot Festival USA Today, Aug 15, 2013
- What makes Hempfest So Special? Steve Hager, Aug 22, 2013
- Police Move From Undercover Busts To Serving The People At Seattle Hempfest
- Remembering Jack Herer.
High Times April 15, 2013
- Seattle’s budding economy: Pot tourism.
CNN April 8, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest opens store and office.
Seattle Pi November 20, 2012
- Seattle Hempfest 2012: Unity Under Fire.
Cannabis Culture, September 6 2012
- 13 Key Moments In Marijuana History (PHOTOS).
Huffington Post September 7, 2012
- Q & A With New Drug Czar.
Wall Street Journal, May 14,2009
- A Humble Gathering of Responsible Stoners.
Seattle City Insights Examiner, May 14, 2009
- Hempfest ’08: One of the America’s Biggest All-Volunteer Events.
Allen St. Pierre, NORML Executive Dir September 2, 2008
- World’s Largest Pot Rally Rolls in Town, Police Not Worried.
Seattle P.I. Blog , Aug 15, 2008
- Change Agent.
Real Change News, June 13, 2007
- Hempfest claims victory in SAM sculpture-park dispute.
Seattle PI.com Blog, May 29, 2007
- Statues of limitations.
SLOG, The Stranger, May 28, 2007
- SAM and Hempfest wrestle over who runs the waterfront.
Seattle Weekly, May 16, 2007
- Seattle Hempfest – 2006 lessons / 2007 challenges.
Seattle Public Safety – Governmental Relationships & Arts, April 3, 2007
- Hempfest Director Vivian McPeak in the “Unvarnished Truth” video.
Seattle Hempfest, August 11, 2006
- The Commentators John Carlson and Ken Schram interview Hempfest Director Vivian McPeak.
KOMO Radio, July 2006
- Hempfest fans rockin’ the joint.
Seattle Times, August 25, 2005
- Thousands of pot lovers defiantly light-up at US hemp festival.
Agence France Presse, August 25, 2005
- Hempfest goes out on high note.
Philip Dawdy, Seattle, August 25, 2005
- Annual Hempfest ‘protestival’ focuses on educating the masses.
Russ Zabel, Seattle, August 25, 2005
- Seattle could learn from a city up north.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, July 22, 2005
- In the Northwest: Of elder statesmen, food aficionados and hemp.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 27, 2004
- Festival celebrates hemp, also stirs political pot.
Seattle Times, August 22, 2004
- Pro-pot initiative gets political push at high-flying Hempfest.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 18, 2003
- Political Aroma Detected at Hempfest.
Seattle Times, August 18, 2003 (cannabisnews.com)
- Home Grown; Nine years ago a high-school dropout and daily pot smoker attended his first Hempfest.
The Stranger, Aug 14, 2003
- Mellow folks at Hempfest don’t seem like a threat to the fiber of our society.
Seattle Times, August 20, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
- Hempfest pushes fall ballot measure.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 19, 2002
- Hempfest crowd rallies for pot-policy reform.
Seattle Times, August 19, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
- Thousands attend Hempfest in Seattle.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 17, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
- Marijuana backers pack park in Seattle.
Seattle Times, August 18, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
Seattle Area Cannabis News
- A new take on ‘grass-fed’ meat: Pig farmer markets pork raised on marijuana
NBCNews.com, June 18, 2013
- Legal pot draws tourists to Colo., Wash., for 4/20.
Associated Press , April 15, 2013
- Wash., Colo. bars test limits of legal pot laws.
Seattle PI, March 27, 2013
- EXCLUSIVE: Inslee’s marijuana memo to feds pitches control, prosecution of violators.
Seattle Pi, March 22, 2013
- State chief consultant Mark Kleiman knows in, outs of pot legalization.
Seattle Times, March 21, 2013
Interesting & Informative Articles From All Over The Place!
Huffington Post, Posted: Updated:
- From Michigan to the White House: Marijuana Activist Plans to Roll Wheelchair 520 Miles for Legalization.TheJointBlog May 24, 2013
- Legislature passes industrial hemp bill in Ky.
Business Week News March 27, 2013
- Worth repeating: National Cancer Institute says pot fights cancer.
Smell The Truth March 18, 2013
- NYC cops made 440,000 low-level pot busts in last decade.
Seattle PI March 19, 2013
- Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®).
National Cancer Institute Janary 17, 2013
- Why marijuana should be legal for adults.
CNN January 8, 2013
- Is This the End of Marijuana Prohibition As We Know It?
Huffington Post December 21, 2012
CNN IReport By Bonnie Fong
The Seattle HEMPFST® protestival is the largest cannabis event in the world and the largest event in the city of Seattle. In its 21 year, the HEMPFST® experience is bigger and better than ever before. The HEMPFST® footprint encompasses 3 parks along the Seattle waterfront and is in its second year as a 3 day event.
This year, Seattle HEMPFST® has gone through monumental changes. HEMPFST® now has a storefront in Seattle which serves as a hub for production of the event and will also be a retail store for hemp products. HEMPFST®central has become a necessary component to successfully produce this years event. Hempfest also has launched its new user friendly website in time for the event. And a new bridge in myrtle Edwards park creates a new change for the festival.
Seattle HEMPFST® has again succeeded in attracting a plethora of big name speakers such as travel writer rick steves, Judge Jim gray, harborside’s Steve Dangelo, city attorney Pete Holmes, representative Roger Goodman senator Jeanne kohl wehles.
HEMPFST® has become ever more relevant in this election year as Washington, Colorado, and Oregon all have legalization initiatives on the ballot.
Seattle HEMPFST® is fueled every year by over 1000 volunteers. These volunteers contribute to teams such as security, peace keeping, stage construction, fence coordination, staff kitchen, traffic, and countless others. Volunteers from all over the northwest return every year to work all day and night in the heat to produce Seattle HEMPFST®.
As HEMPFST® continues to grow every year, more volunteers, donations and work are needed to keep the event running smoothly. Organizer work year round to ensure this cannabis event free, fun and safe.
NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform
- Massachusetts: Adult Use Marijuana Measure Qualifies For November Ballot
Massachusetts voters will decide this November on a statewide ballot measure to legalize and regulate the adult use and retail sale of canna
- Survey: Military Vets Strongly Support Medical Cannabis Access
More than two in three military veterans say that medical cannabis should be legal, and 75 percent believe that VA physicians should be able
- Looking Past the Party Conventions
Donald Trump is a bigoted, racist, ignorant candidate whom no one with a whit of common sense would want running our country, or having his
- Poll: Two-Thirds Of Americans Say ‘Efforts To Enforce Marijuana Laws Cost More Than They Are Worth’
Sixty-five percent of Americans ages 18 and older believe that “government efforts to enforce marijuana laws cost more than they are worth
- NORML’s Legislative Round Up July 22nd, 2016
The DEA announced that they will amend their quotas for 2017 regarding the cultivation of research-grade marijuana and hemp legalization bil
- NORML Seeks New Executive Director
The Board of Directors seeks a dynamic and innovative Executive Director to lead our national organization based in DC, with more than 100 a
- 2016 Marijuana-Related Statewide Ballot Proposals
We've said it before and we'll say it again: 2016 is set to be a monumental year for marijuana law reform. There are currently nine pending
- Montana: Medical Cannabis Restoration Initiative Qualifies For November Ballot
Montana voters will
- DNC Approves Marijuana Platform
This week at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia, the Democratic Party approved a platform that would dismantle marijuana
- Can Marijuana Treat Alzheimer’s?
A recent study conducted at Salk Institute for Biological Studies showed that medical marijuana might be a potentially effective
- Florida Dispensaries to Open in Florida, but Most Patients Still Left Behind
The first dispensary in Florida to offer low-THC medical marijuana products is expected to open in Tallahassee on Tuesday. Unfortunately
- New Study: Alcohol Increases Aggression, Marijuana Doesn’t
The results of a recent study in the Netherlands confirmed the long-held claim by supporters of marijuana policy reform that marijuana
- Poll: Majority of NH Voters Support Regulating Marijuana
The findings of the latest WMUR Granite State Poll conducted by the University of New Hampshire Survey Center show that a majority of lik
- Kentucky Nurses Association Supports Medical Marijuana
On July , the Interim Joint Committee on Licensing and Occupations held a public hearing to consider testimony on the medical use of mar
- Marijuana Question Officially on Massachusetts Ballot
On Monday July 11, Massachusetts Secretary of State William Galvin announced the four measures that have qualified for the November bal
- Arkansas Medical Marijuana Initiative Qualifies for November Ballot
On July 7, the Arkansas Secretary of State announced that Arkansans for Compassionate Care’s (ACC’s) medical marijuana initiative qua
- Marijuana Rescheduling No-Decision Met With Challenge From Congress
Earlier this year, the DEA had announced that they hope to have a decision regarding the rescheduling of marijuana within the first half
- Initiative to End Marijuana Prohibition in Arizona Poised to Appear on November Ballot
At 10:30 AM on Thursday June 30 in Phoenix, Arizona, the Campaign to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol (CRMLA) submitted petitions with 258
Washington Marijuana on Huffington Post
- Charles Karel Bouley: Cooking with Cannabis Comes of Age In The 420 Gourmet with JeffThe420Chef
- No Marijuana In Colorado Town's Water After All, Tests Show
- Hilda L. Solis: Taxing Marijuana to Fight Homelessness
- It Is Unclear How THC Ended Up In This Colorado Town's Water
- Formerly Homeless Protest Sale Of Synthetic Pot In NYC
- Jane Simon, M.D.: Reframing Forgiveness
- The Influence: Marijuana Legalization Without Racial Justice Risks Being Another Extension of White Privilege
- Steph Sherer: 10 Smoke Signals Heralding The End Of Federal Medical Marijuana Prohibition
- Wendy Robbins: This 11 Year Old Stood For The First Time in 4 Years -- Amazing!
- Inverse: Everybody Wants Some, Except Weed Smokers