Seattle Hempfest Published Media
- Hempfest Ain’t No Seahawks Game:How a Quarter Million Stoners Kept the Peace SFGate, Sept. 13, 2013
- Cops Dealing Doritos at Post-Legalization Hempfest Jamestown Sun, Aug 15, 2013
- 5 Things I learned from Hempfest Leafly, Aug 19, 2013
- Doritis for Potheads? The Police They Are a Changin’
MSN News, Aug Sept 10, 2013
- Charles Krauthhammer Wants to Get Hiiiiiiigh Wonkette, Aug 22, 2013
- Meet the Cops Who Give Doritos to Stoners Salon, Aug 20, 2013
- Hempfest Doritos Selling for $55 on e-Bay, Stoner Souvenir? Los Angeles Times, Aug 16, 2013
- White House News Briefing (mentions Doritos) Aug 21, 2013
- Marijuana festival in Seattle FOX News, Bill O’Reilly, Aug 19, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest on Bill O’Reilly FOX News, Aug 19, 2013
- Does Hempfest Matter Anymore? The Stranger Magazine, Aug 22, 2013
- Hempfest, Giving Pot Peace a Chance New York Post, Aug 21, 2013
- Hey Dude, Want Some Doritos? Christian Science Monitor, Aug 18, 2013
- My Seattle Hempfest by Doug McVay Celeb Stoner, Aug 19, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest is Three Day Marijuana Rally Huffington Post, Aug 18, 2013
- Smoking Up at Seattle’s Hempfest
CBS News, Aug 18, 2013
- At Seattle’s Annual Hempfest Police to Give Out Doritos CBS News, Aug 15, 2013
- Mellow Mood at First Seattle Hempfest Since Legalization Reuters, Aug 17, 2013
- Seattle Cops to Hand Out Doritos at Hempfest ABC News, Aug 15, 2013
- Operation Orange Fingers: Seattle Police to Give Away Doritos Time Magazine, Aug 15, 2013
- The Brain Behind Seattle Police’s Social Media on Marijuana Forbes, Aug 17, 2013
- Don’t Inhale Too Deeply, as Seattle Hempfest Kicks Off in Seattle This Weekend Associated Press, Aug 16, 2013
- Clever Seattle Cops Bring Doritos to Hempfest Examiner.com, Aug 16, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest Narrows Focus to National Legalization King 5 News, August 16, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest Victory Celebration Newsday, Aug 16, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest Enters New Era KUOW, Aug 15, 2013
- Cops Take Care of Munchies by Giving Doritos UK Daily Mail, Aug 18, 2013
- 5 Things to do st Seattle Hempfest Business Insider, Aug 16, 2013
- Police Deal Doritos at Hempfest Business Insider, Aug 15, 2013
- High Expectations as Medi-Swipe receives 10,000 Unit Purchase Order at Hempfest Bloomberg, Aug, 2013
- Police Cure Munchies at Hempfest in Seattle FOX News, Aug 15, 2013
- I Saw the Future of Pot at Seattle Hempfest Vice, 2013
- Seattle Kicks Off Pot Festival USA Today, Aug 15, 2013
- What makes Hempfest So Special? Steve Hager, Aug 22, 2013
- Police Move From Undercover Busts To Serving The People At Seattle Hempfest
- Remembering Jack Herer.
High Times April 15, 2013
- Seattle’s budding economy: Pot tourism.
CNN April 8, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest opens store and office.
Seattle Pi November 20, 2012
- Seattle Hempfest 2012: Unity Under Fire.
Cannabis Culture, September 6 2012
- 13 Key Moments In Marijuana History (PHOTOS).
Huffington Post September 7, 2012
- Q & A With New Drug Czar.
Wall Street Journal, May 14,2009
- A Humble Gathering of Responsible Stoners.
Seattle City Insights Examiner, May 14, 2009
- Hempfest ’08: One of the America’s Biggest All-Volunteer Events.
Allen St. Pierre, NORML Executive Dir September 2, 2008
- World’s Largest Pot Rally Rolls in Town, Police Not Worried.
Seattle P.I. Blog , Aug 15, 2008
- Change Agent.
Real Change News, June 13, 2007
- Hempfest claims victory in SAM sculpture-park dispute.
Seattle PI.com Blog, May 29, 2007
- Statues of limitations.
SLOG, The Stranger, May 28, 2007
- SAM and Hempfest wrestle over who runs the waterfront.
Seattle Weekly, May 16, 2007
- Seattle Hempfest – 2006 lessons / 2007 challenges.
Seattle Public Safety – Governmental Relationships & Arts, April 3, 2007
- Hempfest Director Vivian McPeak in the “Unvarnished Truth” video.
Seattle Hempfest, August 11, 2006
- The Commentators John Carlson and Ken Schram interview Hempfest Director Vivian McPeak.
KOMO Radio, July 2006
- Hempfest fans rockin’ the joint.
Seattle Times, August 25, 2005
- Thousands of pot lovers defiantly light-up at US hemp festival.
Agence France Presse, August 25, 2005
- Hempfest goes out on high note.
Philip Dawdy, Seattle, August 25, 2005
- Annual Hempfest ‘protestival’ focuses on educating the masses.
Russ Zabel, Seattle, August 25, 2005
- Seattle could learn from a city up north.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, July 22, 2005
- In the Northwest: Of elder statesmen, food aficionados and hemp.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 27, 2004
- Festival celebrates hemp, also stirs political pot.
Seattle Times, August 22, 2004
- Pro-pot initiative gets political push at high-flying Hempfest.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 18, 2003
- Political Aroma Detected at Hempfest.
Seattle Times, August 18, 2003 (cannabisnews.com)
- Home Grown; Nine years ago a high-school dropout and daily pot smoker attended his first Hempfest.
The Stranger, Aug 14, 2003
- Mellow folks at Hempfest don’t seem like a threat to the fiber of our society.
Seattle Times, August 20, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
- Hempfest pushes fall ballot measure.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 19, 2002
- Hempfest crowd rallies for pot-policy reform.
Seattle Times, August 19, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
- Thousands attend Hempfest in Seattle.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 17, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
- Marijuana backers pack park in Seattle.
Seattle Times, August 18, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
Seattle Area Cannabis News
- A new take on ‘grass-fed’ meat: Pig farmer markets pork raised on marijuana
NBCNews.com, June 18, 2013
- Legal pot draws tourists to Colo., Wash., for 4/20.
Associated Press , April 15, 2013
- Wash., Colo. bars test limits of legal pot laws.
Seattle PI, March 27, 2013
- EXCLUSIVE: Inslee’s marijuana memo to feds pitches control, prosecution of violators.
Seattle Pi, March 22, 2013
- State chief consultant Mark Kleiman knows in, outs of pot legalization.
Seattle Times, March 21, 2013
Interesting & Informative Articles From All Over The Place!
Huffington Post, Posted: Updated:
- From Michigan to the White House: Marijuana Activist Plans to Roll Wheelchair 520 Miles for Legalization.TheJointBlog May 24, 2013
- Legislature passes industrial hemp bill in Ky.
Business Week News March 27, 2013
- Worth repeating: National Cancer Institute says pot fights cancer.
Smell The Truth March 18, 2013
- NYC cops made 440,000 low-level pot busts in last decade.
Seattle PI March 19, 2013
- Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®).
National Cancer Institute Janary 17, 2013
- Why marijuana should be legal for adults.
CNN January 8, 2013
- Is This the End of Marijuana Prohibition As We Know It?
Huffington Post December 21, 2012
CNN IReport By Bonnie Fong
Seattle Hempfest is the largest cannabis event in the world and the largest event in the city of Seattle. In its 21 year, Hempfest is bigger and better than ever before. Hempfest encompasses 3 parks along the Seattle waterfront and is in its second year as a 3 day event.
This year, Seattle Hempfest has gone through monumental changes. Hempfest now has a storefront in Seattle which serves as a hub for production of the event and will also be a retail store for hemp products. Hempfest central has become a necessary component to successfully produce this years event. Hempfest also has launched its new user friendly website in time for the event. And a new bridge in myrtle Edwards park creates a new change for the festival.
Seattle Hempfest has again succeeded in attracting a plethora of big name speakers such as travel writer rick steves, Judge Jim gray, harborside’s Steve Dangelo, city attorney Pete Holmes, representative Roger Goodman senator Jeanne kohl wehles.
Hempfest has become ever more relevant in this election year as Washington, Colorado, and Oregon all have legalization initiatives on the ballot.
Seattle Hempfest is fueled every year by over 1000 volunteers. These volunteers contribute to teams such as security, peace keeping, stage construction, fence coordination, staff kitchen, traffic, and countless others. Volunteers from all over the northwest return every year to work all day and night in the heat to produce Seattle Hempfest.
As Hempfest continues to grow every year, more volunteers, donations and work are needed to keep the event running smoothly. Organizer work year round to ensure this cannabis event free, fun and safe.
NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform
- 420 words on 4/20 weekend
Dear NORML members and supporters, We all find ourselves this weekend at the precipice of the year’s most propitious date on the calen
- NORML Responds To Latest Media Frenzy Over Pot and ‘Brain Damage’ Fears
Using high–resolution MRI imaging, scientists identified specific changes in particular regions of the brain that they inferred were likel
- USF Hosts Statewide Florida NORML Conference
Tampa, FL – On Sunday April 13th, people came from all parts of the sunshine state to the to attend the first statewide Florida NORML
- Neuropsychological Deficits: Fact and Artifact About Marijuana Tests
By Mitch Earleywine, Ph.D State University of New York at Albany Chair, NORML board of directors A new study claims to show small deficits o
- Study: Frequent Cannabis Consumers Less Likely To Engage In Problematic Alcohol Use
Those who report consuming cannabis two or three times per week are less likely to engage in at risk drinking behavior, according to data pu
- Maryland: Governor Signs Marijuana Reform Measures Into Law
Democrat Gov. Martin O'Malley today signed two separate pieces of legislation reforming the state's marijuana laws.
- More States Move Forward With CBD-Only Measures, But Will They Help Patients?
Lawmakers in some half-dozen states are poised to enact cannabidiol-specific legislation. But will these measures ultimately help patients?
- Tennessee: Lawmakers Approve Measures Reclassifying Hemp As An Agricultural Commodity
State lawmakers have Study: Enactment Of Medical Cannabis Laws Not Associated With Higher Crime Rates
The enactment of medicinal cannabis laws is not associated with
- Maryland: Lawmakers Eliminate Criminal Penalties For Minor Marijuana Possession Offenses
Maryland lawmakers have given final approval to legislation to eliminate criminal penalties for minor marijuana possession offenses. The for
- NCAA Reduces Penalty for a Positive Marijuana Test
The Legislative Council of the NCAA approved a measure that would reduce the penalty for a positive marijuana drug test. Currently, college
- Blake Griffin Endorses Medical Marijuana Use in the NBA
In an interview with Rolling Stone yesterday, Blake Griffin of the Los Angeles Clippers voiced his support of medical marijuana use to treat
- Alabama Governor Signs Limited Medical Marijuana Law
Earlier this month, Alabama Governor Robert Bentley signed into law SB 174, known as Carly’s Law. This law creates an affirmative defense
- MN Health Committee Defers Vote Until Legislature Returns From Recess
Last Thursday, the Minnesota Senate Committee on Health, Human Services and Housing took testimony on SF 1641, compassionate medical marijua
- Maryland Becomes 21st Medical Marijuana State, and 18th to Decriminalize
Yesterday morning, Gov. Martin O’Malley signed into law both the medical marijuana bill and the decriminalization bill, making Maryland th
- Florida Democrats Add Medical Marijuana to the Ballot to Boost Voter Turnout for the Midterm Election
Florida Democrats are pushing for a constitutional amendment that would put medical marijuana on the state’s ballot this November. If the
- Oklahomans for Health Files Ballot Initiative for Medical Marijuana
Today, Oklahomans for Health submitted an application for petition with Oklahoma Secretary of State, Chris Benge, which proposes to add a qu
- New Hampshire Poll Shows Growing Support for Legalization
The annual WMUR Granite State Poll released Wednesday by the University of New Hampshire Survey Center shows a growing majority of New Hamps
- D.C. City Council Bill Would Let Doctors Decide When Patients Need Medical Marijuana
On Tuesday, Yvette Alexander, District of Columbia Council member for Ward 7, introduced the Medical Marijuana Expansion Amendment Act of 20
- Rhode Island ReportShows Taxing Marijuana Could Generate Tens of Millions in Revenue
A report released yesterday by Rhode Island-based OpenDoors estimates that passage of the Marijuana Regulation, Control, and Taxation Ac