Published Media about Seattle HEMPFST® Protestival
- Seattle Hempfest 2014 Introduces 21+ Marijuana Lounges CNN iReport, Aug. 15, 2014
- Hempfest Ain’t No Seahawks Game:How a Quarter Million Stoners Kept the Peace SFGate, Sept. 13, 2013
- Cops Dealing Doritos at Post-Legalization Hempfest Jamestown Sun, Aug 15, 2013
- 5 Things I learned from Hempfest Leafly, Aug 19, 2013
- Doritis for Potheads? The Police They Are a Changin’
MSN News, Aug Sept 10, 2013
- Charles Krauthhammer Wants to Get Hiiiiiiigh Wonkette, Aug 22, 2013
- Meet the Cops Who Give Doritos to Stoners Salon, Aug 20, 2013
- Hempfest Doritos Selling for $55 on e-Bay, Stoner Souvenir? Los Angeles Times, Aug 16, 2013
- White House News Briefing (mentions Doritos) Aug 21, 2013
- Marijuana festival in Seattle FOX News, Bill O’Reilly, Aug 19, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest on Bill O’Reilly FOX News, Aug 19, 2013
- Does Hempfest Matter Anymore? The Stranger Magazine, Aug 22, 2013
- Hempfest, Giving Pot Peace a Chance New York Post, Aug 21, 2013
- Hey Dude, Want Some Doritos? Christian Science Monitor, Aug 18, 2013
- My Seattle Hempfest by Doug McVay Celeb Stoner, Aug 19, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest is Three Day Marijuana Rally Huffington Post, Aug 18, 2013
- Smoking Up at Seattle’s Hempfest
CBS News, Aug 18, 2013
- At Seattle’s Annual Hempfest Police to Give Out Doritos CBS News, Aug 15, 2013
- Mellow Mood at First Seattle Hempfest Since Legalization Reuters, Aug 17, 2013
- Seattle Cops to Hand Out Doritos at Hempfest ABC News, Aug 15, 2013
- Operation Orange Fingers: Seattle Police to Give Away Doritos Time Magazine, Aug 15, 2013
- The Brain Behind Seattle Police’s Social Media on Marijuana Forbes, Aug 17, 2013
- Don’t Inhale Too Deeply, as Seattle Hempfest Kicks Off in Seattle This Weekend Associated Press, Aug 16, 2013
- Clever Seattle Cops Bring Doritos to Hempfest Examiner.com, Aug 16, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest Narrows Focus to National Legalization King 5 News, August 16, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest Victory Celebration Newsday, Aug 16, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest Enters New Era KUOW, Aug 15, 2013
- Cops Take Care of Munchies by Giving Doritos UK Daily Mail, Aug 18, 2013
- 5 Things to do st Seattle Hempfest Business Insider, Aug 16, 2013
- Police Deal Doritos at Hempfest Business Insider, Aug 15, 2013
- High Expectations as Medi-Swipe receives 10,000 Unit Purchase Order at Hempfest Bloomberg, Aug, 2013
- Police Cure Munchies at Hempfest in Seattle FOX News, Aug 15, 2013
- I Saw the Future of Pot at Seattle Hempfest Vice, 2013
- Seattle Kicks Off Pot Festival USA Today, Aug 15, 2013
- What makes Hempfest So Special? Steve Hager, Aug 22, 2013
- Police Move From Undercover Busts To Serving The People At Seattle Hempfest
- Remembering Jack Herer.
High Times April 15, 2013
- Seattle’s budding economy: Pot tourism.
CNN April 8, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest opens store and office.
Seattle Pi November 20, 2012
- Seattle Hempfest 2012: Unity Under Fire.
Cannabis Culture, September 6 2012
- 13 Key Moments In Marijuana History (PHOTOS).
Huffington Post September 7, 2012
- Q & A With New Drug Czar.
Wall Street Journal, May 14,2009
- A Humble Gathering of Responsible Stoners.
Seattle City Insights Examiner, May 14, 2009
- Hempfest ’08: One of the America’s Biggest All-Volunteer Events.
Allen St. Pierre, NORML Executive Dir September 2, 2008
- World’s Largest Pot Rally Rolls in Town, Police Not Worried.
Seattle P.I. Blog , Aug 15, 2008
- Change Agent.
Real Change News, June 13, 2007
- Hempfest claims victory in SAM sculpture-park dispute.
Seattle PI.com Blog, May 29, 2007
- Statues of limitations.
SLOG, The Stranger, May 28, 2007
- SAM and Hempfest wrestle over who runs the waterfront.
Seattle Weekly, May 16, 2007
- Seattle Hempfest – 2006 lessons / 2007 challenges.
Seattle Public Safety – Governmental Relationships & Arts, April 3, 2007
- Hempfest Director Vivian McPeak in the “Unvarnished Truth” video.
Seattle Hempfest, August 11, 2006
- The Commentators John Carlson and Ken Schram interview Hempfest Director Vivian McPeak.
KOMO Radio, July 2006
- Hempfest fans rockin’ the joint.
Seattle Times, August 25, 2005
- Thousands of pot lovers defiantly light-up at US hemp festival.
Agence France Presse, August 25, 2005
- Hempfest goes out on high note.
Philip Dawdy, Seattle, August 25, 2005
- Annual Hempfest ‘protestival’ focuses on educating the masses.
Russ Zabel, Seattle, August 25, 2005
- Seattle could learn from a city up north.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, July 22, 2005
- In the Northwest: Of elder statesmen, food aficionados and hemp.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 27, 2004
- Festival celebrates hemp, also stirs political pot.
Seattle Times, August 22, 2004
- Pro-pot initiative gets political push at high-flying Hempfest.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 18, 2003
- Political Aroma Detected at Hempfest.
Seattle Times, August 18, 2003 (cannabisnews.com)
- Home Grown; Nine years ago a high-school dropout and daily pot smoker attended his first Hempfest.
The Stranger, Aug 14, 2003
- Mellow folks at Hempfest don’t seem like a threat to the fiber of our society.
Seattle Times, August 20, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
- Hempfest pushes fall ballot measure.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 19, 2002
- Hempfest crowd rallies for pot-policy reform.
Seattle Times, August 19, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
- Thousands attend Hempfest in Seattle.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 17, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
- Marijuana backers pack park in Seattle.
Seattle Times, August 18, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
Seattle Area Cannabis News
- A new take on ‘grass-fed’ meat: Pig farmer markets pork raised on marijuana
NBCNews.com, June 18, 2013
- Legal pot draws tourists to Colo., Wash., for 4/20.
Associated Press , April 15, 2013
- Wash., Colo. bars test limits of legal pot laws.
Seattle PI, March 27, 2013
- EXCLUSIVE: Inslee’s marijuana memo to feds pitches control, prosecution of violators.
Seattle Pi, March 22, 2013
- State chief consultant Mark Kleiman knows in, outs of pot legalization.
Seattle Times, March 21, 2013
Interesting & Informative Articles From All Over The Place!
Huffington Post, Posted: Updated:
- From Michigan to the White House: Marijuana Activist Plans to Roll Wheelchair 520 Miles for Legalization.TheJointBlog May 24, 2013
- Legislature passes industrial hemp bill in Ky.
Business Week News March 27, 2013
- Worth repeating: National Cancer Institute says pot fights cancer.
Smell The Truth March 18, 2013
- NYC cops made 440,000 low-level pot busts in last decade.
Seattle PI March 19, 2013
- Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®).
National Cancer Institute Janary 17, 2013
- Why marijuana should be legal for adults.
CNN January 8, 2013
- Is This the End of Marijuana Prohibition As We Know It?
Huffington Post December 21, 2012
CNN IReport By Bonnie Fong
The Seattle HEMPFST® protestival is the largest cannabis event in the world and the largest event in the city of Seattle. In its 21 year, the HEMPFST® experience is bigger and better than ever before. The HEMPFST® footprint encompasses 3 parks along the Seattle waterfront and is in its second year as a 3 day event.
This year, Seattle HEMPFST® has gone through monumental changes. HEMPFST® now has a storefront in Seattle which serves as a hub for production of the event and will also be a retail store for hemp products. HEMPFST®central has become a necessary component to successfully produce this years event. Hempfest also has launched its new user friendly website in time for the event. And a new bridge in myrtle Edwards park creates a new change for the festival.
Seattle HEMPFST® has again succeeded in attracting a plethora of big name speakers such as travel writer rick steves, Judge Jim gray, harborside’s Steve Dangelo, city attorney Pete Holmes, representative Roger Goodman senator Jeanne kohl wehles.
HEMPFST® has become ever more relevant in this election year as Washington, Colorado, and Oregon all have legalization initiatives on the ballot.
Seattle HEMPFST® is fueled every year by over 1000 volunteers. These volunteers contribute to teams such as security, peace keeping, stage construction, fence coordination, staff kitchen, traffic, and countless others. Volunteers from all over the northwest return every year to work all day and night in the heat to produce Seattle HEMPFST®.
As HEMPFST® continues to grow every year, more volunteers, donations and work are needed to keep the event running smoothly. Organizer work year round to ensure this cannabis event free, fun and safe.
NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform
- Get Educated: The 2015 NORML Key West Legal Seminar
If you are a practicing criminal defense lawyer, or if you are representing newly legal marijuana businesses, this week presents a great opp
- Give, Get and Grateful
America's oldest and largest marijuana law reform group turns 45 years old this month, and there is much to be grateful for in the way of su
- NORML’s Weekly Legislative Round Up
While Thanksgiving is cutting the work week short for many, there is no shortage of legislative news in marijuana law reform. Click here to
- Thanksgiving, Personal Freedom … and Marijuana
Celebrating a day of thanksgiving has a long history in this country, dating back to the first year of George Washington’s first term as p
- Study: Cannabinoids Are Safe, Effective For Pain Treatment
Cannabinoids are safe and effective for the treatment of chronic pain, according to
- Ganja, Rastafarians and the High Times Jamaica Cannabis Cup
The flight out of Washington, D.C., to Charlotte, N.C., to catch my connecting flight to Jamaica, looked like most flights when I am leaving
- Study: Marijuana Consumers Less Likely To Suffer From Metabolic Syndrome
Current consumers of cannabis are 50 percent less likely to suffer from metabolic syndrome as compared to those who have never used the subs
- NORML’s Weekly Legislative Round Up
With many state legislative sessions coming to an end and the federal government beginning final budget negotiations, we’ve seen plenty of
- US Senate Approves Funding Provision Expanding Medical Cannabis Access To Veterans
On the eve of Veterans Day, members of the US Senate adopted language to permit Veterans access to medical marijuana in states that allow fo
- Nation’s Capital: Massive Reduction In Marijuana Arrests
New data released by the Washington, D.C. police indicate that there has been a massive reduction in marijuana-related arrests in the nation
- New Hampshire Judge Orders State to Issue ID Card to Cancer Patient
New Hampshire patients who have been desperately waiting for the state to begin issuing ID cards can finally breathe a sigh of relief. Th
- Alaska Regulators to Allow Onsite Consumption in Some Marijuana Retail Stores
The Alaska Marijuana Control Board voted on Friday to create a class of retail marijuana license that will allow onsite consumption. Thi
- Rep. Blumenauer Calls for Firing of DEA Director
Recently, we shared a story about interim DEA head Chuck Rosenberg referring to medical marijuana as a “joke.” Since then, a
- Pittsburgh to Consider Decriminalizing Marijuana
While Pennsylvania patients and activists struggle with the state legislature to get a viable medical marijuana bill introduced, one loc
- Colombia to Make Medical Marijuana Legal
On Thursday, the Colombian government announced that it will make medical marijuana use, cultivation, and sale legal in the near future!
- Veterans One Step Closer to Getting Access to Medical Marijuana
On this Veterans Day, MPP would like to thank those who served for their sacrifice, and we are excited to note that a Senate vote yester
- Time Running out for PA House to Act on Medical Marijuana
With very few session days remaining this year, Republican leadership in Pennsylvania still has not introduced medical marijuana legislat
- Illinois’ First Dispensaries Open
Over half a dozen dispensaries have been authorized to open today, finally bringing relief to medical cannabis patients across Illinois.
- Clinton Explains Position On Marijuana Policy
Over the weekend, Hilary Clinton expanded on her position regarding marijuana policy reform. Specifically, she stated that she would like
- The New York Times Asks Obama and Congress to Take Lead Ending Marijuana Prohibition
Continuing its support for sensible marijuana policies, The New York Times published an editorial Thursday asking Congress and the presid
Marijuana on Huffington Post
- Family Moves Into New Home, Gets A Very Unexpected Delivery
- Dangerous Pesticides Are Being Found In Colorado’s Weed
- David Casarett, M.D.: An Open Letter to DEA Chief Chuck Rosenberg: Don't Resign (Yet)
- Colorado Voters Say Legalized Marijuana Is A Good Thing
- Sarah Palin: Legalizing Weed Is 'No Big Deal'
- Adam Winstock: Cannabis Concentrates: Green Salvation or a Sticky Mess?
- Adam Winstock: Why Being Honest About Drug-Related Risk Might Be the Best Public Health Policy Ever
- Hillary Clinton's Pot Proposal Is Popular, But It Probably Won't Help Her Win
- Congressman Calls For DEA Chief's Removal After He Calls Medical Marijuana A 'Joke'
- Experts Push For Pregnancy Warning Labels On Pot Products