Seattle Hempfest Published Media
- Seattle Hempfest 2014 Introduces 21+ Marijuana Lounges CNN iReport, Aug. 15, 2014
- Hempfest Ain’t No Seahawks Game:How a Quarter Million Stoners Kept the Peace SFGate, Sept. 13, 2013
- Cops Dealing Doritos at Post-Legalization Hempfest Jamestown Sun, Aug 15, 2013
- 5 Things I learned from Hempfest Leafly, Aug 19, 2013
- Doritis for Potheads? The Police They Are a Changin’
MSN News, Aug Sept 10, 2013
- Charles Krauthhammer Wants to Get Hiiiiiiigh Wonkette, Aug 22, 2013
- Meet the Cops Who Give Doritos to Stoners Salon, Aug 20, 2013
- Hempfest Doritos Selling for $55 on e-Bay, Stoner Souvenir? Los Angeles Times, Aug 16, 2013
- White House News Briefing (mentions Doritos) Aug 21, 2013
- Marijuana festival in Seattle FOX News, Bill O’Reilly, Aug 19, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest on Bill O’Reilly FOX News, Aug 19, 2013
- Does Hempfest Matter Anymore? The Stranger Magazine, Aug 22, 2013
- Hempfest, Giving Pot Peace a Chance New York Post, Aug 21, 2013
- Hey Dude, Want Some Doritos? Christian Science Monitor, Aug 18, 2013
- My Seattle Hempfest by Doug McVay Celeb Stoner, Aug 19, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest is Three Day Marijuana Rally Huffington Post, Aug 18, 2013
- Smoking Up at Seattle’s Hempfest
CBS News, Aug 18, 2013
- At Seattle’s Annual Hempfest Police to Give Out Doritos CBS News, Aug 15, 2013
- Mellow Mood at First Seattle Hempfest Since Legalization Reuters, Aug 17, 2013
- Seattle Cops to Hand Out Doritos at Hempfest ABC News, Aug 15, 2013
- Operation Orange Fingers: Seattle Police to Give Away Doritos Time Magazine, Aug 15, 2013
- The Brain Behind Seattle Police’s Social Media on Marijuana Forbes, Aug 17, 2013
- Don’t Inhale Too Deeply, as Seattle Hempfest Kicks Off in Seattle This Weekend Associated Press, Aug 16, 2013
- Clever Seattle Cops Bring Doritos to Hempfest Examiner.com, Aug 16, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest Narrows Focus to National Legalization King 5 News, August 16, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest Victory Celebration Newsday, Aug 16, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest Enters New Era KUOW, Aug 15, 2013
- Cops Take Care of Munchies by Giving Doritos UK Daily Mail, Aug 18, 2013
- 5 Things to do st Seattle Hempfest Business Insider, Aug 16, 2013
- Police Deal Doritos at Hempfest Business Insider, Aug 15, 2013
- High Expectations as Medi-Swipe receives 10,000 Unit Purchase Order at Hempfest Bloomberg, Aug, 2013
- Police Cure Munchies at Hempfest in Seattle FOX News, Aug 15, 2013
- I Saw the Future of Pot at Seattle Hempfest Vice, 2013
- Seattle Kicks Off Pot Festival USA Today, Aug 15, 2013
- What makes Hempfest So Special? Steve Hager, Aug 22, 2013
- Police Move From Undercover Busts To Serving The People At Seattle Hempfest
- Remembering Jack Herer.
High Times April 15, 2013
- Seattle’s budding economy: Pot tourism.
CNN April 8, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest opens store and office.
Seattle Pi November 20, 2012
- Seattle Hempfest 2012: Unity Under Fire.
Cannabis Culture, September 6 2012
- 13 Key Moments In Marijuana History (PHOTOS).
Huffington Post September 7, 2012
- Q & A With New Drug Czar.
Wall Street Journal, May 14,2009
- A Humble Gathering of Responsible Stoners.
Seattle City Insights Examiner, May 14, 2009
- Hempfest ’08: One of the America’s Biggest All-Volunteer Events.
Allen St. Pierre, NORML Executive Dir September 2, 2008
- World’s Largest Pot Rally Rolls in Town, Police Not Worried.
Seattle P.I. Blog , Aug 15, 2008
- Change Agent.
Real Change News, June 13, 2007
- Hempfest claims victory in SAM sculpture-park dispute.
Seattle PI.com Blog, May 29, 2007
- Statues of limitations.
SLOG, The Stranger, May 28, 2007
- SAM and Hempfest wrestle over who runs the waterfront.
Seattle Weekly, May 16, 2007
- Seattle Hempfest – 2006 lessons / 2007 challenges.
Seattle Public Safety – Governmental Relationships & Arts, April 3, 2007
- Hempfest Director Vivian McPeak in the “Unvarnished Truth” video.
Seattle Hempfest, August 11, 2006
- The Commentators John Carlson and Ken Schram interview Hempfest Director Vivian McPeak.
KOMO Radio, July 2006
- Hempfest fans rockin’ the joint.
Seattle Times, August 25, 2005
- Thousands of pot lovers defiantly light-up at US hemp festival.
Agence France Presse, August 25, 2005
- Hempfest goes out on high note.
Philip Dawdy, Seattle, August 25, 2005
- Annual Hempfest ‘protestival’ focuses on educating the masses.
Russ Zabel, Seattle, August 25, 2005
- Seattle could learn from a city up north.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, July 22, 2005
- In the Northwest: Of elder statesmen, food aficionados and hemp.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 27, 2004
- Festival celebrates hemp, also stirs political pot.
Seattle Times, August 22, 2004
- Pro-pot initiative gets political push at high-flying Hempfest.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 18, 2003
- Political Aroma Detected at Hempfest.
Seattle Times, August 18, 2003 (cannabisnews.com)
- Home Grown; Nine years ago a high-school dropout and daily pot smoker attended his first Hempfest.
The Stranger, Aug 14, 2003
- Mellow folks at Hempfest don’t seem like a threat to the fiber of our society.
Seattle Times, August 20, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
- Hempfest pushes fall ballot measure.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 19, 2002
- Hempfest crowd rallies for pot-policy reform.
Seattle Times, August 19, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
- Thousands attend Hempfest in Seattle.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 17, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
- Marijuana backers pack park in Seattle.
Seattle Times, August 18, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
Seattle Area Cannabis News
- A new take on ‘grass-fed’ meat: Pig farmer markets pork raised on marijuana
NBCNews.com, June 18, 2013
- Legal pot draws tourists to Colo., Wash., for 4/20.
Associated Press , April 15, 2013
- Wash., Colo. bars test limits of legal pot laws.
Seattle PI, March 27, 2013
- EXCLUSIVE: Inslee’s marijuana memo to feds pitches control, prosecution of violators.
Seattle Pi, March 22, 2013
- State chief consultant Mark Kleiman knows in, outs of pot legalization.
Seattle Times, March 21, 2013
Interesting & Informative Articles From All Over The Place!
Huffington Post, Posted: Updated:
- From Michigan to the White House: Marijuana Activist Plans to Roll Wheelchair 520 Miles for Legalization.TheJointBlog May 24, 2013
- Legislature passes industrial hemp bill in Ky.
Business Week News March 27, 2013
- Worth repeating: National Cancer Institute says pot fights cancer.
Smell The Truth March 18, 2013
- NYC cops made 440,000 low-level pot busts in last decade.
Seattle PI March 19, 2013
- Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®).
National Cancer Institute Janary 17, 2013
- Why marijuana should be legal for adults.
CNN January 8, 2013
- Is This the End of Marijuana Prohibition As We Know It?
Huffington Post December 21, 2012
CNN IReport By Bonnie Fong
Seattle Hempfest is the largest cannabis event in the world and the largest event in the city of Seattle. In its 21 year, Hempfest is bigger and better than ever before. Hempfest encompasses 3 parks along the Seattle waterfront and is in its second year as a 3 day event.
This year, Seattle Hempfest has gone through monumental changes. Hempfest now has a storefront in Seattle which serves as a hub for production of the event and will also be a retail store for hemp products. Hempfest central has become a necessary component to successfully produce this years event. Hempfest also has launched its new user friendly website in time for the event. And a new bridge in myrtle Edwards park creates a new change for the festival.
Seattle Hempfest has again succeeded in attracting a plethora of big name speakers such as travel writer rick steves, Judge Jim gray, harborside’s Steve Dangelo, city attorney Pete Holmes, representative Roger Goodman senator Jeanne kohl wehles.
Hempfest has become ever more relevant in this election year as Washington, Colorado, and Oregon all have legalization initiatives on the ballot.
Seattle Hempfest is fueled every year by over 1000 volunteers. These volunteers contribute to teams such as security, peace keeping, stage construction, fence coordination, staff kitchen, traffic, and countless others. Volunteers from all over the northwest return every year to work all day and night in the heat to produce Seattle Hempfest.
As Hempfest continues to grow every year, more volunteers, donations and work are needed to keep the event running smoothly. Organizer work year round to ensure this cannabis event free, fun and safe.
NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform
- States Ask Supreme Court To Find Colorado’s Marijuana Regulations Unconstitutional
The states of Nebraska and Oklahoma President Signs Federal Spending Bill Protecting State Sanctioned Medical Marijuana Programs
President Barack Obama signed spending
- Legalization Needs the “Marijuana Middle” to Win
The results of a new poll recently released by Third Way, a Washington, D.C. think tank, confirms the country remains largely divided over m
- Obama to Native Americans: Marijuana Legalization Is A-OK
Department of Justice memo allows Native American tribes to cultivate, process and sell marijuana.
- Rider in Federal Omnibus Intends to Block DC Legalization Vote
A rider was included in the final version of the House omnibus appropriations bill with the intent blocking the implementation of Washington
- Federal Omnibus Includes Amendment to Prohibit DOJ/DEA From Interfering With State Medical Marijuana
The final version of the House omnibus appropriations bill includes the Rohrabacher-Farr amendment, which was approved by the House of Repre
- NORML Legal Seminars Remain Vital for Defense Lawyers
At NORML, our goal is the full legalization of marijuana for all adults, regardless of why one smokes. But even as we continue to move forwa
- Poll: 60 Percent Of Americans Say States, Not Feds, Ought To Decide Marijuana Question
Six out of ten voters believe that states, not the federal government, should authorize and enforce marijuana policy, according to national
- The Coffee Shops and the 2014 High Times Cannabis Cup
I just returned from the High Times Cannabis Cup in Amsterdam, and thought I might share some thoughts about the state of the legalization e
- Colorado: Health Officials Recommend $7.5 Million In Grant Funding For Clinical Cannabis Trials
State Public Health Department officials have
- Down to the Wire in Michigan Legislature
We are down to the final two days of the 2014 legislative session in Michigan, and this is the last opportunity to pass two critically imp
- Study Shows Decline In Teen Marijuana Use
A national survey released Tuesday found teen marijuana usage rates decreased from 2013 to 2014 — a period marked by heightened national d
- Virginia to Consider Decriminalizing Marijuana Possession
When the Virginia Legislature convenes in January, a bill to stop criminalizing those who simply possess marijuana will be awaiting consider
- Congress Passes Historic Medical Marijuana Amendment as Part of Federal Spending Bill
Passage of the federal spending bill Saturday evening marked the first time in history that Congress has approved legislation rolling back
- Bill to Reduce Penalties for Possession Filed in Texas
At a press conference held today and hosted by Texans for Responsible Marijuana Policy, State Representative Joe Moody announced the detail
- DOJ Will Allow Marijuana On Native American Land
According to a memo released Thursday, the Department of Justice is instructing U.S. attorneys not to enforce marijuana prohibition on Nativ
- Congress Poised to Pass Historic Medical Marijuana Amendment
After 11 years of MPP lobbying and attending receptions on Capitol Hill, Congress is finally poised to pass an amendment that would prohibit
- Two Thirds of Americans Want Congress to Exempt States from Federal Marijuana Enforcement
A new study shows that an overwhelming majority of Americans want the federal government to stay out of state-level affairs associated with
- MPP’s Rob Kampia Gives His Take on What’s Next for Marijuana Legalization
Executive director of the Marijuana Policy Project, Rob Kampia, discusses what’s next for the push to make marijuana legal in the United S
- Nevada Marijuana Initiative Headed to the 2015 State Legislature
A petition aimed at allowing the adult use of marijuana in Nevada has met its signature requirements and will be submitted to the 2015 state
- Down to the Wire in Michigan Legislature
Marijuana on Huffington Post
- Chris Weigant: My 2014 'McLaughlin Awards' [Part 1]
- 8-Year-Old's Death Prompts Medical Marijuana Rally Outside Governor's Office
- John Zipperer: Week to Week News Quiz for 12/19/14
- Sam Tracy: Two Is Not Enough: Why the Campaign Against D.C.'s Marijuana Legalization Initiative Failed So Badly
- Rob Kampia: The Top 10 Marijuana Victories in 2014
- Steph Sherer: The Federal Government Recognizes Battle Over Medical Marijuana
- Cloud Of Controversy Over Pot-Smoking Santa
- Colorado Funds Multiple Studies On Marijuana's Medical Possibilities
- Gene Marks: Why Tommy Chong Is Fired Up About Marijuana
- Adam Bierman: Raising Money in the Marijuana Business