Seattle Hempfest Published Media
- Seattle Hempfest 2014 Introduces 21+ Marijuana Lounges CNN iReport, Aug. 15, 2014
- Hempfest Ain’t No Seahawks Game:How a Quarter Million Stoners Kept the Peace SFGate, Sept. 13, 2013
- Cops Dealing Doritos at Post-Legalization Hempfest Jamestown Sun, Aug 15, 2013
- 5 Things I learned from Hempfest Leafly, Aug 19, 2013
- Doritis for Potheads? The Police They Are a Changin’
MSN News, Aug Sept 10, 2013
- Charles Krauthhammer Wants to Get Hiiiiiiigh Wonkette, Aug 22, 2013
- Meet the Cops Who Give Doritos to Stoners Salon, Aug 20, 2013
- Hempfest Doritos Selling for $55 on e-Bay, Stoner Souvenir? Los Angeles Times, Aug 16, 2013
- White House News Briefing (mentions Doritos) Aug 21, 2013
- Marijuana festival in Seattle FOX News, Bill O’Reilly, Aug 19, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest on Bill O’Reilly FOX News, Aug 19, 2013
- Does Hempfest Matter Anymore? The Stranger Magazine, Aug 22, 2013
- Hempfest, Giving Pot Peace a Chance New York Post, Aug 21, 2013
- Hey Dude, Want Some Doritos? Christian Science Monitor, Aug 18, 2013
- My Seattle Hempfest by Doug McVay Celeb Stoner, Aug 19, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest is Three Day Marijuana Rally Huffington Post, Aug 18, 2013
- Smoking Up at Seattle’s Hempfest
CBS News, Aug 18, 2013
- At Seattle’s Annual Hempfest Police to Give Out Doritos CBS News, Aug 15, 2013
- Mellow Mood at First Seattle Hempfest Since Legalization Reuters, Aug 17, 2013
- Seattle Cops to Hand Out Doritos at Hempfest ABC News, Aug 15, 2013
- Operation Orange Fingers: Seattle Police to Give Away Doritos Time Magazine, Aug 15, 2013
- The Brain Behind Seattle Police’s Social Media on Marijuana Forbes, Aug 17, 2013
- Don’t Inhale Too Deeply, as Seattle Hempfest Kicks Off in Seattle This Weekend Associated Press, Aug 16, 2013
- Clever Seattle Cops Bring Doritos to Hempfest Examiner.com, Aug 16, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest Narrows Focus to National Legalization King 5 News, August 16, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest Victory Celebration Newsday, Aug 16, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest Enters New Era KUOW, Aug 15, 2013
- Cops Take Care of Munchies by Giving Doritos UK Daily Mail, Aug 18, 2013
- 5 Things to do st Seattle Hempfest Business Insider, Aug 16, 2013
- Police Deal Doritos at Hempfest Business Insider, Aug 15, 2013
- High Expectations as Medi-Swipe receives 10,000 Unit Purchase Order at Hempfest Bloomberg, Aug, 2013
- Police Cure Munchies at Hempfest in Seattle FOX News, Aug 15, 2013
- I Saw the Future of Pot at Seattle Hempfest Vice, 2013
- Seattle Kicks Off Pot Festival USA Today, Aug 15, 2013
- What makes Hempfest So Special? Steve Hager, Aug 22, 2013
- Police Move From Undercover Busts To Serving The People At Seattle Hempfest
- Remembering Jack Herer.
High Times April 15, 2013
- Seattle’s budding economy: Pot tourism.
CNN April 8, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest opens store and office.
Seattle Pi November 20, 2012
- Seattle Hempfest 2012: Unity Under Fire.
Cannabis Culture, September 6 2012
- 13 Key Moments In Marijuana History (PHOTOS).
Huffington Post September 7, 2012
- Q & A With New Drug Czar.
Wall Street Journal, May 14,2009
- A Humble Gathering of Responsible Stoners.
Seattle City Insights Examiner, May 14, 2009
- Hempfest ’08: One of the America’s Biggest All-Volunteer Events.
Allen St. Pierre, NORML Executive Dir September 2, 2008
- World’s Largest Pot Rally Rolls in Town, Police Not Worried.
Seattle P.I. Blog , Aug 15, 2008
- Change Agent.
Real Change News, June 13, 2007
- Hempfest claims victory in SAM sculpture-park dispute.
Seattle PI.com Blog, May 29, 2007
- Statues of limitations.
SLOG, The Stranger, May 28, 2007
- SAM and Hempfest wrestle over who runs the waterfront.
Seattle Weekly, May 16, 2007
- Seattle Hempfest – 2006 lessons / 2007 challenges.
Seattle Public Safety – Governmental Relationships & Arts, April 3, 2007
- Hempfest Director Vivian McPeak in the “Unvarnished Truth” video.
Seattle Hempfest, August 11, 2006
- The Commentators John Carlson and Ken Schram interview Hempfest Director Vivian McPeak.
KOMO Radio, July 2006
- Hempfest fans rockin’ the joint.
Seattle Times, August 25, 2005
- Thousands of pot lovers defiantly light-up at US hemp festival.
Agence France Presse, August 25, 2005
- Hempfest goes out on high note.
Philip Dawdy, Seattle, August 25, 2005
- Annual Hempfest ‘protestival’ focuses on educating the masses.
Russ Zabel, Seattle, August 25, 2005
- Seattle could learn from a city up north.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, July 22, 2005
- In the Northwest: Of elder statesmen, food aficionados and hemp.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 27, 2004
- Festival celebrates hemp, also stirs political pot.
Seattle Times, August 22, 2004
- Pro-pot initiative gets political push at high-flying Hempfest.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 18, 2003
- Political Aroma Detected at Hempfest.
Seattle Times, August 18, 2003 (cannabisnews.com)
- Home Grown; Nine years ago a high-school dropout and daily pot smoker attended his first Hempfest.
The Stranger, Aug 14, 2003
- Mellow folks at Hempfest don’t seem like a threat to the fiber of our society.
Seattle Times, August 20, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
- Hempfest pushes fall ballot measure.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 19, 2002
- Hempfest crowd rallies for pot-policy reform.
Seattle Times, August 19, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
- Thousands attend Hempfest in Seattle.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 17, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
- Marijuana backers pack park in Seattle.
Seattle Times, August 18, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
Seattle Area Cannabis News
- A new take on ‘grass-fed’ meat: Pig farmer markets pork raised on marijuana
NBCNews.com, June 18, 2013
- Legal pot draws tourists to Colo., Wash., for 4/20.
Associated Press , April 15, 2013
- Wash., Colo. bars test limits of legal pot laws.
Seattle PI, March 27, 2013
- EXCLUSIVE: Inslee’s marijuana memo to feds pitches control, prosecution of violators.
Seattle Pi, March 22, 2013
- State chief consultant Mark Kleiman knows in, outs of pot legalization.
Seattle Times, March 21, 2013
Interesting & Informative Articles From All Over The Place!
Huffington Post, Posted: Updated:
- From Michigan to the White House: Marijuana Activist Plans to Roll Wheelchair 520 Miles for Legalization.TheJointBlog May 24, 2013
- Legislature passes industrial hemp bill in Ky.
Business Week News March 27, 2013
- Worth repeating: National Cancer Institute says pot fights cancer.
Smell The Truth March 18, 2013
- NYC cops made 440,000 low-level pot busts in last decade.
Seattle PI March 19, 2013
- Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®).
National Cancer Institute Janary 17, 2013
- Why marijuana should be legal for adults.
CNN January 8, 2013
- Is This the End of Marijuana Prohibition As We Know It?
Huffington Post December 21, 2012
CNN IReport By Bonnie Fong
Seattle Hempfest is the largest cannabis event in the world and the largest event in the city of Seattle. In its 21 year, Hempfest is bigger and better than ever before. Hempfest encompasses 3 parks along the Seattle waterfront and is in its second year as a 3 day event.
This year, Seattle Hempfest has gone through monumental changes. Hempfest now has a storefront in Seattle which serves as a hub for production of the event and will also be a retail store for hemp products. Hempfest central has become a necessary component to successfully produce this years event. Hempfest also has launched its new user friendly website in time for the event. And a new bridge in myrtle Edwards park creates a new change for the festival.
Seattle Hempfest has again succeeded in attracting a plethora of big name speakers such as travel writer rick steves, Judge Jim gray, harborside’s Steve Dangelo, city attorney Pete Holmes, representative Roger Goodman senator Jeanne kohl wehles.
Hempfest has become ever more relevant in this election year as Washington, Colorado, and Oregon all have legalization initiatives on the ballot.
Seattle Hempfest is fueled every year by over 1000 volunteers. These volunteers contribute to teams such as security, peace keeping, stage construction, fence coordination, staff kitchen, traffic, and countless others. Volunteers from all over the northwest return every year to work all day and night in the heat to produce Seattle Hempfest.
As Hempfest continues to grow every year, more volunteers, donations and work are needed to keep the event running smoothly. Organizer work year round to ensure this cannabis event free, fun and safe.
NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform
- NORML PAC Endorses Representative Grayson for Congress
NORML PAC is endorsing Representative Alan Grayson in his campaign to be re-elected to the US Congress representing Florida’s 9th Cong
- NORML PAC Endorses State Representative Diane Russell in Maine
NORML PAC is endorsing State Representative Diane Russell in her campaign to be re-elected to the Maine House of Representatives for Maine
- NORML PAC Endorses Bonnie Watson Coleman for US Congress
NORML PAC is endorsing Assemblywoman Bonnie Watson Coleman in her campaign to be elected to the United States Congress representing the 12th
- Legal Marijuana in Your Nation’s Capital
The marijuana voter initiative that is almost guaranteed to pass on November 4th is DC Initiative 71, the “Legalization of Possession of M
- Study: Cannabis Use Not Associated With Deficits In Intelligence Quotient
Investigators at the University College of London analyzed data from 2,612 subjects who had their IQ tested at the age of eight and again at
- Federal District Court Judge Asks: Should Federal Law Classify Cannabis As One Of The Nation’s Most Dangerous Drugs?
Testimony regarding the constitutionality of the federal statute designating marijuana as a Florida Amendment 2: Medical Marijuana Showdown in the South
On November 4, Florida voters will have the opportunity to vote on an amendment to their state constitution, Amendment 2, to establish a med
- Majority of Delawareans Support Legalizing Marijuana
According to a poll released this morning by the University of Delaware, a strong majority of residents favor legalizing and regulating the
- NORML PAC Endorses Senator Cory Booker for US Senate
NORML PAC has endorsed Senator Cory Booker (NJ) for re-election the the United States Senate representing New Jersey. “We endorsed Cor
- NORML PAC Endorses Representative Blumenauer for Congress
NORML PAC has endorsed Representative Earl Blumenauer (OR-03) in his campaign to be re-elected to the US House of Representatives. “Re
- The Marijuana Policy Project Launches Effort to Make Adult Use of Marijuana Legal in Arizona
The Marijuana Policy Project has filed paperwork with Arizona election officials to form a committee to begin raising funds for a 2016 citiz
- Florida Voters Only a Week Away From Decision to Make Medical Marijuana Legal
Although recent weeks have shown that Amendment 2 — the initiative to make medical marijuana legal throughout the state of Florida — was
- Supporters of Making Marijuana Legal in Maine Advertise Their Message on the Streets
Proponents of making marijuana legal in two of Maine’s largest cities, Lewiston and South Portland, have taken their message to the street
- D.C. Voters Make Their Decision on Initiative 71 Next Week
With the November 4 midterm elections less than a week away, voters in the nation’s capital are gearing up to vote on Initiative 71. If pa
- Legal Marijuana In Alaska Could Generate a Multi-Million Dollar Industry
The state of Alaska stands to gain $23 million in annual tax revenues from a fully legal marijuana market, according to a report released th
- The Vote to Make Marijuana Legal in Alaska and Oregon Only a Week Away
The Alaska and Oregon ballot initiatives to make marijuana legal in both states will be voted on a week from today. With the important elect
- Cambridge, MA Voters Have Say on Making Marijuana Legal
According to Wicked Local Cambridge, next month, Massachusetts’s voters in eight districts — including Precincts 1 and 3 — will get th
- Do Not Prosecute Medical Marijuana Related Offenses, Pennsylvania Lawmaker Says
As reported by PennLive.com, Sen. Daylin Leach has asked the Pennsylvania District Attorneys Association not to prosecute offenses related t
- Police Chief and Marijuana Advocate Debate South Portland Marijuana Ordinance
According to the Portland Press Herald, the issue of whether to implement a regulated and legal adult marijuana control system in South Port
- Eric Holder “Cautiously Optimistic” in Regards to Legal Marijuana
According to CNN, outgoing U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said he is “cautiously optimistic” when it comes to Colorado and Washington
Marijuana on Huffington Post
- Amanda Reiman: The Mass Media: Decades of Trying to Ruin Halloween
- Russ Belville: Southern Oregon's KTVL Gives Cops Free 5-Minute Anti-Measure 91 Ad
- Oregon And Alaska Are Ground Zero In The Fight To Legalize Pot
- Alaska Dispatch News: Former Seattle Police Chief Travels to Anchorage to Campaign for Alaska Initiative to Legalize Pot
- Coalition Of Cops Support Legal Weed In Oregon
- The Dark Side Of Teenage Marijuana Use
- Tony Newman: 15 Minutes of Your Time Could Help End the Drug War
- Doug Fine: Why Oregon Is About to Be the Poster Child for How to Legalize and Regulate Marijuana
- Sharda Sekaran: In the Time it Takes to Find These Guys on IMDB, You Could Have Voted for Marijuana Legalization
- Gene Marks: A Crucial Election Year for Business Owners and Cat Lovers