Seattle Hempfest Published Media
- Seattle Hempfest 2014 Introduces 21+ Marijuana Lounges CNN iReport, Aug. 15, 2014
- Hempfest Ain’t No Seahawks Game:How a Quarter Million Stoners Kept the Peace SFGate, Sept. 13, 2013
- Cops Dealing Doritos at Post-Legalization Hempfest Jamestown Sun, Aug 15, 2013
- 5 Things I learned from Hempfest Leafly, Aug 19, 2013
- Doritis for Potheads? The Police They Are a Changin’
MSN News, Aug Sept 10, 2013
- Charles Krauthhammer Wants to Get Hiiiiiiigh Wonkette, Aug 22, 2013
- Meet the Cops Who Give Doritos to Stoners Salon, Aug 20, 2013
- Hempfest Doritos Selling for $55 on e-Bay, Stoner Souvenir? Los Angeles Times, Aug 16, 2013
- White House News Briefing (mentions Doritos) Aug 21, 2013
- Marijuana festival in Seattle FOX News, Bill O’Reilly, Aug 19, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest on Bill O’Reilly FOX News, Aug 19, 2013
- Does Hempfest Matter Anymore? The Stranger Magazine, Aug 22, 2013
- Hempfest, Giving Pot Peace a Chance New York Post, Aug 21, 2013
- Hey Dude, Want Some Doritos? Christian Science Monitor, Aug 18, 2013
- My Seattle Hempfest by Doug McVay Celeb Stoner, Aug 19, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest is Three Day Marijuana Rally Huffington Post, Aug 18, 2013
- Smoking Up at Seattle’s Hempfest
CBS News, Aug 18, 2013
- At Seattle’s Annual Hempfest Police to Give Out Doritos CBS News, Aug 15, 2013
- Mellow Mood at First Seattle Hempfest Since Legalization Reuters, Aug 17, 2013
- Seattle Cops to Hand Out Doritos at Hempfest ABC News, Aug 15, 2013
- Operation Orange Fingers: Seattle Police to Give Away Doritos Time Magazine, Aug 15, 2013
- The Brain Behind Seattle Police’s Social Media on Marijuana Forbes, Aug 17, 2013
- Don’t Inhale Too Deeply, as Seattle Hempfest Kicks Off in Seattle This Weekend Associated Press, Aug 16, 2013
- Clever Seattle Cops Bring Doritos to Hempfest Examiner.com, Aug 16, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest Narrows Focus to National Legalization King 5 News, August 16, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest Victory Celebration Newsday, Aug 16, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest Enters New Era KUOW, Aug 15, 2013
- Cops Take Care of Munchies by Giving Doritos UK Daily Mail, Aug 18, 2013
- 5 Things to do st Seattle Hempfest Business Insider, Aug 16, 2013
- Police Deal Doritos at Hempfest Business Insider, Aug 15, 2013
- High Expectations as Medi-Swipe receives 10,000 Unit Purchase Order at Hempfest Bloomberg, Aug, 2013
- Police Cure Munchies at Hempfest in Seattle FOX News, Aug 15, 2013
- I Saw the Future of Pot at Seattle Hempfest Vice, 2013
- Seattle Kicks Off Pot Festival USA Today, Aug 15, 2013
- What makes Hempfest So Special? Steve Hager, Aug 22, 2013
- Police Move From Undercover Busts To Serving The People At Seattle Hempfest
- Remembering Jack Herer.
High Times April 15, 2013
- Seattle’s budding economy: Pot tourism.
CNN April 8, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest opens store and office.
Seattle Pi November 20, 2012
- Seattle Hempfest 2012: Unity Under Fire.
Cannabis Culture, September 6 2012
- 13 Key Moments In Marijuana History (PHOTOS).
Huffington Post September 7, 2012
- Q & A With New Drug Czar.
Wall Street Journal, May 14,2009
- A Humble Gathering of Responsible Stoners.
Seattle City Insights Examiner, May 14, 2009
- Hempfest ’08: One of the America’s Biggest All-Volunteer Events.
Allen St. Pierre, NORML Executive Dir September 2, 2008
- World’s Largest Pot Rally Rolls in Town, Police Not Worried.
Seattle P.I. Blog , Aug 15, 2008
- Change Agent.
Real Change News, June 13, 2007
- Hempfest claims victory in SAM sculpture-park dispute.
Seattle PI.com Blog, May 29, 2007
- Statues of limitations.
SLOG, The Stranger, May 28, 2007
- SAM and Hempfest wrestle over who runs the waterfront.
Seattle Weekly, May 16, 2007
- Seattle Hempfest – 2006 lessons / 2007 challenges.
Seattle Public Safety – Governmental Relationships & Arts, April 3, 2007
- Hempfest Director Vivian McPeak in the “Unvarnished Truth” video.
Seattle Hempfest, August 11, 2006
- The Commentators John Carlson and Ken Schram interview Hempfest Director Vivian McPeak.
KOMO Radio, July 2006
- Hempfest fans rockin’ the joint.
Seattle Times, August 25, 2005
- Thousands of pot lovers defiantly light-up at US hemp festival.
Agence France Presse, August 25, 2005
- Hempfest goes out on high note.
Philip Dawdy, Seattle, August 25, 2005
- Annual Hempfest ‘protestival’ focuses on educating the masses.
Russ Zabel, Seattle, August 25, 2005
- Seattle could learn from a city up north.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, July 22, 2005
- In the Northwest: Of elder statesmen, food aficionados and hemp.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 27, 2004
- Festival celebrates hemp, also stirs political pot.
Seattle Times, August 22, 2004
- Pro-pot initiative gets political push at high-flying Hempfest.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 18, 2003
- Political Aroma Detected at Hempfest.
Seattle Times, August 18, 2003 (cannabisnews.com)
- Home Grown; Nine years ago a high-school dropout and daily pot smoker attended his first Hempfest.
The Stranger, Aug 14, 2003
- Mellow folks at Hempfest don’t seem like a threat to the fiber of our society.
Seattle Times, August 20, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
- Hempfest pushes fall ballot measure.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 19, 2002
- Hempfest crowd rallies for pot-policy reform.
Seattle Times, August 19, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
- Thousands attend Hempfest in Seattle.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 17, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
- Marijuana backers pack park in Seattle.
Seattle Times, August 18, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
Seattle Area Cannabis News
- A new take on ‘grass-fed’ meat: Pig farmer markets pork raised on marijuana
NBCNews.com, June 18, 2013
- Legal pot draws tourists to Colo., Wash., for 4/20.
Associated Press , April 15, 2013
- Wash., Colo. bars test limits of legal pot laws.
Seattle PI, March 27, 2013
- EXCLUSIVE: Inslee’s marijuana memo to feds pitches control, prosecution of violators.
Seattle Pi, March 22, 2013
- State chief consultant Mark Kleiman knows in, outs of pot legalization.
Seattle Times, March 21, 2013
Interesting & Informative Articles From All Over The Place!
Huffington Post, Posted: Updated:
- From Michigan to the White House: Marijuana Activist Plans to Roll Wheelchair 520 Miles for Legalization.TheJointBlog May 24, 2013
- Legislature passes industrial hemp bill in Ky.
Business Week News March 27, 2013
- Worth repeating: National Cancer Institute says pot fights cancer.
Smell The Truth March 18, 2013
- NYC cops made 440,000 low-level pot busts in last decade.
Seattle PI March 19, 2013
- Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®).
National Cancer Institute Janary 17, 2013
- Why marijuana should be legal for adults.
CNN January 8, 2013
- Is This the End of Marijuana Prohibition As We Know It?
Huffington Post December 21, 2012
CNN IReport By Bonnie Fong
Seattle Hempfest is the largest cannabis event in the world and the largest event in the city of Seattle. In its 21 year, Hempfest is bigger and better than ever before. Hempfest encompasses 3 parks along the Seattle waterfront and is in its second year as a 3 day event.
This year, Seattle Hempfest has gone through monumental changes. Hempfest now has a storefront in Seattle which serves as a hub for production of the event and will also be a retail store for hemp products. Hempfest central has become a necessary component to successfully produce this years event. Hempfest also has launched its new user friendly website in time for the event. And a new bridge in myrtle Edwards park creates a new change for the festival.
Seattle Hempfest has again succeeded in attracting a plethora of big name speakers such as travel writer rick steves, Judge Jim gray, harborside’s Steve Dangelo, city attorney Pete Holmes, representative Roger Goodman senator Jeanne kohl wehles.
Hempfest has become ever more relevant in this election year as Washington, Colorado, and Oregon all have legalization initiatives on the ballot.
Seattle Hempfest is fueled every year by over 1000 volunteers. These volunteers contribute to teams such as security, peace keeping, stage construction, fence coordination, staff kitchen, traffic, and countless others. Volunteers from all over the northwest return every year to work all day and night in the heat to produce Seattle Hempfest.
As Hempfest continues to grow every year, more volunteers, donations and work are needed to keep the event running smoothly. Organizer work year round to ensure this cannabis event free, fun and safe.
NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform
- Democratic Party of Oregon Endorses Marijuana Legalization Initiative
Earlier today, the Democratic Party of Oregon came out in support of Measure 91, which would legalize and regulate the adult use, cultivatio
- Scoring Some Weed in the Old Days: We’ve Come a Long Way, Baby!
As I prepared to leave for the Seattle Hempfest, a lovely celebration of all things related to marijuana, I could not help but think about w
- Study: Cannabis Inhaler Delivers Effective Relief To Neuropathy Patients
The administration of a single dose of whole-plant cannabis via a thermal-metered inhaler is effective and well tolerated among patients suf
- Poll: Majority Of Pennsylvanians Support Reforming State’s Marijuana Laws
Nearly seven out of ten Pennsylvania voters believe that marijuana should be legal for either medicinal or recreational use, according to th
- Poll: Two-Thirds Of Americans Say Private Consumption Of Cannabis Should Be Legal
Sixty-six percent of Americans believe that adults ought to legally be able to consume cannabis in the privacy of one's own home, according
- Washington: Retail Marijuana Sales Total Nearly $4 Million In First Month
Washington state licensed marijuana retailers sold an estimated Does Medical Cannabis Legalization Impact Police Safety?
While the US government effectively bans scientific research regarding cannabis and any potential therapeutic uses, you can help University
- The Legalization Movement Can’t Be Stopped
The political and cultural victories for the marijuana legalization movement continue to accumulate as new developments lead us closer to th
- Help Us Reach the Marijuana Tipping Point
Dear NORML members and supporters, It is nearly impossible to detect the precise moment when support for a change in social policy reaches t
- Why Can’t Americans Grow Their Own Weed Without Fear?
As an old farm boy, it has always seemed strange to me that most states, and the federal government, treat someone who grows a few marijuana
- Public Funds Paying For “Educational Tour” Against Oregon Marijuana Initiative
Proponents of Measure 91, which would make marijuana legal for adults in Oregon and regulate cultivation and retail sales, are up in arms
- Vermont Voter Guide Published; Coalition Website Launched
As the Aug. 26 Vermont primary election approaches, it’s clear that momentum for ending marijuana prohibition in Vermont continues to buil
- California Medical Marijuana Regulation Bill Dies On Suspended Session
Thursday marked the end of SB 1262 in California, as the Assembly Appropriations Committee failed to take a vote on the measure before d
- MPP Submits Initial Comments On Draft Manufacturer Rules
The Marijuana Policy Project has submitted our initial comments on the partial draft rules regulating medical marijuana manufacturers in M
- Delaware Officials Announce First Medical Marijuana Compassion Center
After more than three years and numerous delays, Delaware’s first pilot medical marijuana dispensary has finally been approved! On Monday
- Illinois Medical Marijuana Applications Now Available
The three departments that oversee the Illinois medical cannabis program posted several important documents online on Friday, including ca
- Teen Marijuana Use On the Decline In Colorado After Adult Legalization
Rates of current and lifetime marijuana use among Colorado high school students has dropped since the state made marijuana legal in 2012, ac
- The Next States to Legalize Marijuana
What are the next states to legalize marijuana? Find out by watching this new short video, which highlights the states we believe will end m
- Michigan Marijuana Victories in Hazel Park and Oak Park
If yesterday’s elections in Hazel Park and Oak Park are any indication, voters in cities and towns across Michigan will be standing up for
- D.C. Marijuana Initiative Qualifies for November Ballot
The D.C. Board of Elections has officially certified Ballot Initiative 71 for November’s general election. If passed by a majority of D.
Marijuana on Huffington Post
- Robbie Gennet: President Obama, Go Big or Go Home
- Russ Belville: Fed Tax Money Supports Campaign Against Oregon's Marijuana Legalization
- Uruguayan Prez Explains Why Legalizing Weed Is A 'Security Issue'
- Dude Named Stoner Arrested On Pot Charges
- Jelani Hayes: Ending Marijuana Prohibition Must Take a Historical Perspective
- Dr. Franklin Ruehl, Ph.D.: Marijuana Documentary Proves That Truth Can Indeed Be Stranger Than Fiction
- Warren Adler: Nobody Gives a Damn, But...
- NBC News Editor Leaves To Head Marijuana News Site
- Reyne Haines: Women's Important Role in Widespread Cannabis Acceptance
- Chris Weigant: Friday Talking Points -- Dog Days