NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform
- Weekly Legislative Roundup 2/24/2017
To date, there have been 1,322 pieces of legislation introduced nationwide - this week’s action ranges from the elected officials in North
- White House Press Secretary Hints Federal Marijuana Crackdown May Be Forthcoming
Undermining voters’ wishes and state laws in this regard not only defies common sense, it is also bad politics — particularly for an adm
- Polling: Voters Support Marijuana Law Reform By Record Numbers
Record numbers of voters support regulating the marijuana market and oppose federal efforts to interfere or undermine state laws permitting
- Michigan NORML: Presidents’ Day Letter To Congress From The Front Lines
Engaging elected officials is a primary function of NORML and all its affiliates. As the Michigan Affiliate of NORML, we are pleased to part
- Weekly Legislative Roundup 2/18/2017
Nationwide, the number of bills relating to marijuana now tops 1,200, ranging from technical tweaks to codes to a Rep in Washington actually
- A Congressional Cannabis Caucus Is Born
The official establishment of a Congressional Cannabis Caucus represents yet another step forward toward ultimately reforming cannabis polic
- NORML Forms Multi-State Workplace Drug Testing Coalition
A growing coalition of NORML Chapters in California, Oregon, Colorado and Washington have come together to advocate for necessary legislativ
- Iowa State University’s NORML Chapter Fought Back – and Won – in the 8th Circuit Court
"NORML ISU's use of the cannabis leaf does not violate ISU's trademark policies because the organization advocates for reform to marijuana l
- New Poll Shows Vast Majority Against Federal Interference in State Marijuana Laws as White House Hints at Increased Enforcement
Just hours after a poll showing widespread support for marijuana policy reform and staunch opposition to federal interference in state ma
- Congressmen Form Bipartisan Cannabis Caucus
Reps. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA), Jared Polis (D-CO), and Don Young (R-AK) have formed the Congressional Cannabis Ca
- CO Dept. of Revenue Reports $1.3 Billion From Marijuana Industry in 2016
The Colorado Department of Revenue’s announcement that $1.3 billion in regulated marijuana sales took place in calendar year 2016, gene
- Medical Marijuana Bill Introduced in Kansas
A proposal to make Kansas the 29th medical marijuana state has been introduced by Senator David Haley (D-Kansas City), and it’s support
- Minnesota Lawmaker Introduces Marijuana Regulation Bill
Minnesota House Deputy Minority Leader Rep. Jon Applebaum (DFL-Minnetonka) has filed a bill to end cannabis prohibition and regulate mari
- Vermont Police Major Claims Governor Opposed to Non-Commercial Legalization
A Vermont state police major claimed to be speaking on behalf of Governor Phil Scott’s administration while testifying in opposition to
- New Hampshire House Committee Approves Decriminalization Bill
The New Hampshire House Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee overwhelmingly voted to pass HB 640, a bill that would decriminalize
- Adult Use Bills Introduced in Maryland Senate
This week, two companion bills that would legalize and regulate personal use amounts of cannabis for adults 21 and up were introduced in
- Jeff Sessions Confirmed as Attorney General
On Wednesday, Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions was narrowly confirmed as the new Attorney General in a 51-47 vote, split largely along party li
- GOP Congressman Introduces ‘Respect State Marijuana Laws Act’
Republican Congressman Dana Rohrabacher of California introduced legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives on Tuesday that would r
Marijuana on Huffington Post
- Police Raid On Cold War Nuclear Bunker Yields $1.2 Million Worth Of Weed
- Russ Belville: If You Didn't Vote Hillary, Don't Act Shocked When Your Pot Shop Is Raided
- White House Opens Door To Crackdown On Recreational Marijuana
- Dutch Lawmakers Make ‘Historic’ Move To Expand Legal Pot Policy
- Check Out This Pot-Slinging Catapult Found On Mexico's Border
- Richard Crepeau: Sport and Society for Arete -Denial
- Colorado's Marijuana Industry Is Now Bigger Than Some Countries' Entire GDP
- Marijuana Sasquatch Crashes Meteorologist's Live Report
- Catherine Hiller: The Intermission Joint
- Synthetic Marijuana Linked To Seizures, Psychosis And Death
Published Media about Seattle HEMPFEST® Protestival
- Hempfest Needs Money Survive
KOMO 4 NEWS, 07/13/16
- Weed Tourism
- Roach Paper Art
- Seattle Summer Festivals
- 10 Crazy Things About Seattle Hempfest
SonicBids Blog, 05/06/16
- 25 Years of Seattle Hempfest – Interview with Vivian McPeak
Marijuana Times, 05/03/16
- DC Cannabis Protestors Defy Smoking Ban, Police Shrug
The Leaf Online, 04/04/16
- HEMPFEST® teams up with CaviarGold for 2016
Seattle PI, 12/08/15
- Seattle Hempfest Central Announces Grand Re-Opening In New Location
The Weed Blog, 11/11/15
- My First Seattle Hempfest as a News Anchor Turned Cannabis Activist
Mariujana Politics, 08/23/15
- NJ Weedman’s Passing the Joint: Pot-friendly Seattle provides peaceful respite
- 10 big differences between Seattle Hempfest, Denver 4/20 Rally
The Cannabist, 08/20/15
- Hemp drink sales at Seattle Hempfest marks an emerging trend
- Week in Weed: Where’s Wiz? Plus Hempfest and other dank Instas
The Cannabist, 08/17/15
- I Went to Hempfest and I Wasn’t Even High
Seattle Weekly, 08/17/15
- Five Things to Do at Seattle Hempfest
SF Gate, 08/16/15
- How to Behave at Hempfest
The Stranger, 08/13/15
- Social pot use: It’s a riddle for Seattle as well as in Denver
The Cannabist, 08/12/15
- Portland NORML Directors To Speak Six Times At Seattle Hempfest
The Weed Blog, 08/12/15
- Higher Ground: Hempfest Still Matters, Dude
Seattle Weekly, 08/11/15
- Pier 86 on Seattle waterfront closes to fishing for Hempfest
Seattle TImes, 08/11/15
- Island County’s jail dehydration death in spotlight at Seattle’s Hempfest
Whidbey Daily, 08/06/15
- Seattle’s Smoking Ban In Parks Will Not Interfere With Hempfest
- Seattle Hempfest Is Seeking Attendee Donations
The Weed Blog, 08/04/15
- Seattle HEMPFEST Exports Its Protestival To New Cities, States
The Weed Blog, 06/27/15
- Kohl-Welles to be honored at the 2015 Seattle Hempfest Festival
Ballard News Tribune, 06/26/15
- How to roll the perfect joint with Seattle Hempfest teacher
Seattle PI, 10/21/14
- Marijuander Lust: The Seattle Hempfest
Lady Bud, 08/26/14
- 10 Differences Between Seattle Hempfest, Denver 4/20 Rally
- Seattle Hempfest 2014 Pictures and Shenanigans
SF Gate, 08/18/14
- Seattle Hempfest 2014 – Dawn of A New Era Regarding Legalization of Pot
OpEd News, 08/16/14
- Hempfest, Seattle’s Mega-Pot Rally introducing Pot Gardens
Seattle PI, 08/12/14
- Seattle Hempfest 2014 Pictures and Shenanigans
San Francisco Gate, 08/18/14
- Seattle Hempfest vs. Denver 4/20 – Ten Major Differences
The Cannabist, 8/20/14
- Republican Congressman Dana Rohrabacher Declares War on Pot Prohibition
Seattle PI, 8/15/2014
- Seattle Hempfest 2014 Introduces 21+ Marijuana Lounges CNN iReport, Aug. 15, 2014
- Hempfest Ain’t No Seahawks Game:How a Quarter Million Stoners Kept the Peace SFGate, Sept. 13, 2013
- Cops Dealing Doritos at Post-Legalization Hempfest Jamestown Sun, Aug 15, 2013
- 5 Things I learned from Hempfest Leafly, Aug 19, 2013
- Doritis for Potheads? The Police They Are a Changin’
MSN News, Aug Sept 10, 2013
- Charles Krauthhammer Wants to Get Hiiiiiiigh Wonkette, Aug 22, 2013
- Meet the Cops Who Give Doritos to Stoners Salon, Aug 20, 2013
- Hempfest Doritos Selling for $55 on e-Bay, Stoner Souvenir? Los Angeles Times, Aug 16, 2013
- White House News Briefing (mentions Doritos) Aug 21, 2013
- Marijuana festival in Seattle FOX News, Bill O’Reilly, Aug 19, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest on Bill O’Reilly FOX News, Aug 19, 2013
- Does Hempfest Matter Anymore? The Stranger Magazine, Aug 22, 2013
- Hempfest, Giving Pot Peace a Chance New York Post, Aug 21, 2013
- Hey Dude, Want Some Doritos? Christian Science Monitor, Aug 18, 2013
- My Seattle Hempfest by Doug McVay Celeb Stoner, Aug 19, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest is Three Day Marijuana Rally Huffington Post, Aug 18, 2013
- Smoking Up at Seattle’s Hempfest
CBS News, Aug 18, 2013
- At Seattle’s Annual Hempfest Police to Give Out Doritos CBS News, Aug 15, 2013
- Mellow Mood at First Seattle Hempfest Since Legalization Reuters, Aug 17, 2013
- Seattle Cops to Hand Out Doritos at Hempfest ABC News, Aug 15, 2013
- Operation Orange Fingers: Seattle Police to Give Away Doritos Time Magazine, Aug 15, 2013
- The Brain Behind Seattle Police’s Social Media on Marijuana Forbes, Aug 17, 2013
- Don’t Inhale Too Deeply, as Seattle Hempfest Kicks Off in Seattle This Weekend Associated Press, Aug 16, 2013
- Clever Seattle Cops Bring Doritos to Hempfest Examiner.com, Aug 16, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest Narrows Focus to National Legalization King 5 News, August 16, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest Victory Celebration Newsday, Aug 16, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest Enters New Era KUOW, Aug 15, 2013
- Cops Take Care of Munchies by Giving Doritos UK Daily Mail, Aug 18, 2013
- 5 Things to do st Seattle Hempfest Business Insider, Aug 16, 2013
- Police Deal Doritos at Hempfest Business Insider, Aug 15, 2013
- High Expectations as Medi-Swipe receives 10,000 Unit Purchase Order at Hempfest Bloomberg, Aug, 2013
- Police Cure Munchies at Hempfest in Seattle FOX News, Aug 15, 2013
- I Saw the Future of Pot at Seattle Hempfest Vice, 2013
- Seattle Kicks Off Pot Festival USA Today, Aug 15, 2013
- What makes Hempfest So Special? Steve Hager, Aug 22, 2013
- Police Move From Undercover Busts To Serving The People At Seattle Hempfest
- Remembering Jack Herer.
High Times April 15, 2013
- Seattle’s budding economy: Pot tourism.
CNN April 8, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest opens store and office.
Seattle Pi November 20, 2012
- Seattle Hempfest 2012: Unity Under Fire.
Cannabis Culture, September 6 2012
- 13 Key Moments In Marijuana History (PHOTOS).
Huffington Post September 7, 2012
- Q & A With New Drug Czar.
Wall Street Journal, May 14,2009
- A Humble Gathering of Responsible Stoners.
Seattle City Insights Examiner, May 14, 2009
- Hempfest ’08: One of the America’s Biggest All-Volunteer Events.
Allen St. Pierre, NORML Executive Dir September 2, 2008
- World’s Largest Pot Rally Rolls in Town, Police Not Worried.
Seattle P.I. Blog , Aug 15, 2008
- Change Agent.
Real Change News, June 13, 2007
- Hempfest claims victory in SAM sculpture-park dispute.
Seattle PI.com Blog, May 29, 2007
- Statues of limitations.
SLOG, The Stranger, May 28, 2007
- SAM and Hempfest wrestle over who runs the waterfront.
Seattle Weekly, May 16, 2007
- Seattle Hempfest – 2006 lessons / 2007 challenges.
Seattle Public Safety – Governmental Relationships & Arts, April 3, 2007
- Hempfest Director Vivian McPeak in the “Unvarnished Truth” video.
Seattle Hempfest, August 11, 2006
- The Commentators John Carlson and Ken Schram interview Hempfest Director Vivian McPeak.
KOMO Radio, July 2006
- Hempfest fans rockin’ the joint.
Seattle Times, August 25, 2005
- Thousands of pot lovers defiantly light-up at US hemp festival.
Agence France Presse, August 25, 2005
- Hempfest goes out on high note.
Philip Dawdy, Seattle, August 25, 2005
- Annual Hempfest ‘protestival’ focuses on educating the masses.
Russ Zabel, Seattle, August 25, 2005
- Seattle could learn from a city up north.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, July 22, 2005
- In the Northwest: Of elder statesmen, food aficionados and hemp.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 27, 2004
- Festival celebrates hemp, also stirs political pot.
Seattle Times, August 22, 2004
- Pro-pot initiative gets political push at high-flying Hempfest.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 18, 2003
- Political Aroma Detected at Hempfest.
Seattle Times, August 18, 2003 (cannabisnews.com)
- Home Grown; Nine years ago a high-school dropout and daily pot smoker attended his first Hempfest.
The Stranger, Aug 14, 2003
- Mellow folks at Hempfest don’t seem like a threat to the fiber of our society.
Seattle Times, August 20, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
- Hempfest pushes fall ballot measure.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 19, 2002
- Hempfest crowd rallies for pot-policy reform.
Seattle Times, August 19, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
- Thousands attend Hempfest in Seattle.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 17, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
- Marijuana backers pack park in Seattle.
Seattle Times, August 18, 2002 (cannabisnews.com)
Past Media Coverage of the Seattle HEMPFEST® Event
Interesting & Informative Articles From All Over The Place!
Huffington Post, Posted: 01/13/2014 8:17 am EST Updated: 01/25/2014 4:01 pm EST
- From Michigan to the White House: Marijuana Activist Plans to Roll Wheelchair 520 Miles for Legalization.TheJointBlog May 24, 2013
- Legislature passes industrial hemp bill in Ky.
Business Week News March 27, 2013
- Worth repeating: National Cancer Institute says pot fights cancer.
Smell The Truth March 18, 2013
- NYC cops made 440,000 low-level pot busts in last decade.
Seattle PI March 19, 2013
- Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®).
National Cancer Institute Janary 17, 2013
- Why marijuana should be legal for adults.
CNN January 8, 2013
- Is This the End of Marijuana Prohibition As We Know It?
Huffington Post December 21, 2012